• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2011 Deer Season Kills ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 buck.jpg

Shot this one at 8:15 this morning, 10-29-11. It was taken in Polk co, using a Ruger M-77 in .270 with a Bushnell Elite 4200 3x9x40. He walked up on me on traveling along a hardwood ridge, he had two spikes following him.

I'm excited about tomorrow. I went out midday today to make a small shift of stand location and found that a buck had been laying down a bunch of rubs right where I'll be all day. One of the rubs is on a tree that is about four or five inches in diameter and the top of the rub is about four feet off the ground. His rack is big enough to have hit a smaller sapling about ten inches away from the rub. My stand is about 20 yards from that rub. Now all I have to do is go to sleep. Yeah, right.

I shot this nice Wilkes County 5 point on Oct 25th @ 7:00 PM. I was using a Ruger M77 Ultralight in .308 Winchester, with a Leupold VX II scope and loaded with Hornady 150 grain SuperFormance SST's. It only took one shot 150 yards across a clear cut that took out both lungs and the heart. The deer dropped in it's tracks.

It may not be the biggest set of antlers, but it's gonna make up a dandy bunch of jerky and Bambi chili...OH YEAH!! :hungry:

2011_10252011SeasonDeer0007.jpg

You guys keep saying your deer are small. I am a firm believer that a trophy is strictly in the eye of the beholder. All that matters is that you are happy and excited about the deer you got. Congrats to all!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom