• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2012 GMC ACADIA. I hate it Any car truck AC guys on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my dear Bride started the darn thing this am After I hooked the battery back up. She doesn't know that it can re-calibrate or attempt to re-calibrate after a battery change, I will let it sit a while and let it do its thing after reconnecting. I do know I am over my pay grade. I made an appt with the dealership Capital Cadilac / GMC over on 41 to have them go through it. I like that shop.

EDIT: Appt is on friday. I am giving myself a week to see what I can do. Stinks.

he , I assume, asked the shop how much to replace this part. They answered. Who did the diag? I used to get that all the time, I don’t want to pay you to diag the problem!!!
You ever pulled an evaporator core out of a vehicle? it’s a beach
Yeah, I have, a bunch actually.

I’ve rebuilt whole engines and more. Always do it in about 1/2 the time they(dealers) quote.
Had a dealer only fix under warrantee today on my Freightliner.
Quotes me 5.5 hours until they realized it was warrantee.
Took about two hours, and that included two 1/2-3/4 regens for at least that hour.

I hate dealers.

Sorry you have to go thru this crap. I would drive it with the AC on and hope it resets itself, without the Steelership having to do it. It was just a battery!!!!

My ex's Envoy had this issue, it is an 02 model, she still has it as a second car. Every battery change, (4 yrs or so) it would do this. First two battery changes I was able to keep taking the positive cable on and off till it wold reset correctly. 3rd one back in 13 it never did reset correctly, dealer quoted 8 hours with dash removal, shade tree fellow was able to get in under the dash, parts and labor right at $100.

My ex's Envoy had this issue, it is an 02 model, she still has it as a second car. Every battery change, (4 yrs or so) it would do this. First two battery changes I was able to keep taking the positive cable on and off till it wold reset correctly. 3rd one back in 13 it never did reset correctly, dealer quoted 8 hours with dash removal, shade tree fellow was able to get in under the dash, parts and labor right at $100.
I will try this...some more. Thanks for the story about the envoy.

Found this, might help:

Remove the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds.
•Install the HVAC/ECAS fuse.
•Start the vehicle.
•Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.

10thmountain 10thmountain ,
If you want to drive up to Cartersville, I will be happy to diagnose and give you an honest estimate. Without the correct tools and equipment, you can potentially cost yourself a grand or 2. I won't charge you to look at it, mostly cause I had one back in 2010ish and hated it more than politicians!

I’ve been at this profession for 15 years plus. I’ve yet to meet a technician who wants to pull a dash. If you swing by my shop I’ll try to go through with my scan tool free of charge and put the actuators through calibration. If that fails we can look at what actuator failed. If it’s hot on one side and cold on the other it’s a temperature actuator for the side that’s not responding. Some are easier than others.
c48a66be31a2f1154ad4926a6080d315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom