• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2013-Newer Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jholdbrooks

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
173   0
Reaction score
Do any of you guys/girls own or have own a Jeep Grand Cherokee?
I'm looking at around a 2015 model honestly but have been reading reviews about ones 2013 and newer.
So, I'm reading alot of transmission issues with these and just was wanting to hear it from a few of y'all to
either drive me to buy one or steer me away. I'm looking at models with roughly 40k-50k miles on them.

I looked at a new(er) Jeep Grand Cherokee and really wanted to buy one. I had a 2005 previously and it was a great vehicle. With the 5.7 v8 there was plenty of power and the 4wd work really well. The new(er) ones caught my eye and I almost bought a 2013 Overland. Very sharp...

That said, I went with a 4Runner just for the details you mention. Lots of warranty work, recalls, and problems reported. Between those issues and the quick depreciation, I just went another direction.

Man, I do love the look of the GC though. They make my 4Runner feel sparse on the options...

I looked at a new(er) Jeep Grand Cherokee and really wanted to buy one. I had a 2005 previously and it was a great vehicle. With the 5.7 v8 there was plenty of power and the 4wd work really well. The new(er) ones caught my eye and I almost bought a 2013 Overland. Very sharp...

That said, I went with a 4Runner just for the details you mention. Lots of warranty work, recalls, and problems reported. Between those issues and the quick depreciation, I just went another direction.

Man, I do love the look of the GC though. They make my 4Runner feel sparse on the options...
I've looked at the 4runner's also and when it comes to option in the cab man you really get alot more on the GC... The one I was looking at was a overland with very nice interior.
Now I'm somewhat looking at Explorers now BUT really like the looks of the GC MUCH better

The transmission in these are solid 8 speed automatic

No issues there
The v6 every 40k miles rappers aka lifters and rockers collapse and go bad

Start to hear a tick get fix before it damages those 250 dollar each cams
But 100k factory warranty fixes these til then

These are decent suv

Back
Top Bottom