• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2014 NCAAF Coaches Salaries

Who pays for that, the taxpayers as part of the education funding?

Well if you take the roughly 37,000 students at UoA, condisider each one pays a tuition of roughly 20,000 for out of state and 12,000 in state, if just 15,000 of the 37,000 students are out of state they ALONE pay the school 300,000,000 in tuition. Now, if you factor in ticket cost, mermorabilia at the stadium, booster support, that income to the school goes WAY up.

I saw an article the other day that in addition to the $7,500,000 salary the Alumni Association has bought Saban a $3,500,000 home and also pays the property taxes on the house. He has already broken the $10,000,000 income level. The article also indicated that this did not break any law or SEC regulation.

I saw an article the other day that in addition to the $7,500,000 salary the Alumni Association has bought Saban a $3,500,000 home and also pays the property taxes on the house. He has already broken the $10,000,000 income level. The article also indicated that this did not break any law or SEC regulation.

I've seen his home on Lake Burton from the water....unbelievable....probably $10M

Who pays for that, the taxpayers as part of the education funding?

Most public and private universities get money from TV broadcast of the games, and if you look at the schools financials, the revenue that the high end basketball and football programs bring in actually pays for a lot of other programs at the schools, including funding all the women's sports. I recall that this is a federal law, but dont quote me on that.

I know that UConn Mens basketball pays for the whole mens basketball program including coaches salaries, facilities, travel,etc, and there is enough left over to fund most of the womens sports, and give money back to the general university funds.

So, college sports are big money, and the coach is the CEO.

Back
Top Bottom