• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2014 nfl qb prospects

rugerceltics13

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
so as we approach a new season of ncaa football, let's look at who could make or break their draft stock for next year at the qb position

bridgewater-i think he is the most talented of all the qbs this year. scary to think he doesn't have to have a better season statistically than last year to be the best

boyd-gotta learn to make better decisions

fales-no name talent at a no name school. but boy does this guy have a pinpoint laser accuracy for an arm

murray-has to prove he can win the big game and make better decisions under pressure

mccarron-hurt by the fact that he has too much talent around him to prove that he can carry a team. is a great decision maker, but hasn't had to be the standout talent

manziel-pure talent, and lots of it. but makes a lot of bad decisions and is severely undersized. ppl keep comparing him to doug flutie, but there will never be another doug flutie

I picked Murray to go first pick back when he was a freshman. I do agree that sometimes he still
makes bad decisions. He has improved a lot since his freshman season. Time in NFL training camp will break him of that.

As for manziel, he's got a lot of talent, but he'll get killed in the NFL, unfortunately. He doesn't have the physique to hold up with what he does on the field.

Bridgewater put up big #'s against generally weak teams. He'll probably be another Vince Young.

I don't see any of the others doing much in the NFL.

I picked Murray to go first pick back when he was a freshman. I do agree that sometimes he still
makes bad decisions. He has improved a lot since his freshman season. Time in NFL training camp will break him of that.

As for manziel, he's got a lot of talent, but he'll get killed in the NFL, unfortunately. He doesn't have the physique to hold up with what he does on the field.

Bridgewater put up big #'s against generally weak teams. He'll probably be another Vince Young.

I don't see any of the others doing much in the NFL.

if history has proven anything, it's that what u do in college is not indicative of ur success in the pros. in any sport. example: tebow, tom brady, vince young

if history has proven anything, it's that what u do in college is not indicative of ur success in the pros. in any sport. example: tebow, tom brady, vince young

Not many people said Tebow would be successful. Vince Young didnt have the mental strength to compete under the microscope of the NFL after having a great college career. He had the skill, but imploded in Ryan Leaf fashion, just over a longer period of time than Ryan. Aaron Hernandez is a prime example of why NFL teams need to take longer looks at a player's mental readiness for the NFL and not just skill alone.

Tom Brady did pretty well in college, the media just paid way too much attention to Chad Pennington and NFL teams fell for it. If I remember correctly, Brady set several records with Michigan in 1998 in a very tough Big 10 conference. Brady had the same cannon of an arm and accuracy at Michigan in 1999 (1999 game vs Ohio State) that he has had in the NFL. One byproduct of Brady being overlooked is that now NFL teams look much harder at what conferences players compete in.

my point exactly, he had a tremendous college career. pro, not even close

I wouldnt say that. Tebow has a 9-7 record, and he was never given a team to run for a full season. What happened in Denver was a bad situation with Tapegate 2, McDaniels getting fired, and then the next year him being handed a 1-4 team knowing that Elway was not interested in keeping him. If Denver doesn't win a SB this year, its probably not going to happen because time isn't on Manning's side. His performance in the playoffs last year was terrible.

Brady was obviously given the Patriots after Bledsoe was injured, and Young had the Titans starting job for 2 straight years IIRC, and threw a ton of interceptions one of those years. Tebow still has about 7 or 8 more td's than interceptions. Something Young cant say. Lol

Last edited:
Not sure if Murray's stock will rise or not. A National Championship win would certainly help and he's on the brink of pretty much breaking every QB record in the SEC, so that will help. But I think outside of winning an National Championship, he'll probably stay a late 1st round, possibly early 2nd round pick.

Manziel is 6'2" and 210 lbs. He's bigger than a slew of other college QBs, including Aaron Murray. His off the field antics will eventually catch up with him in more than one way....I see a complete 180 from last year and massive choke job in his future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom