• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2015 Chevy Silverado 4wd Z71?

Shops recommend the flush because they bought the expensive piece of equipment. Do not do it.

Far better is to get the tranny reprogrammed for firmer shifts and less "overlap" in shifting. Used to be hardware replacement to do this, but is all software driven these days.

A firmer shifting tranny runs cooler, and the clutches last far longer.

If it is not leaking now, dropping the pan will guarantee a dripper within 6 months.

Gents,

Approaching 100k miles in the next month. Other than oil changes, tire rotations, and air filter changes.... I haven't done any other maintenance. I'm thinking about a tran service and my question is drop and drain or flush? What other preventive measures should be taken? Of note- 75% of miles are easy highway miles. Some while dragging my boat back and forth from Orange Beach, AL. Thanks for the help and advice
I would have it changed, I think the manual calls for changing
Gents,

Approaching 100k miles in the next month. Other than oil changes, tire rotations, and air filter changes.... I haven't done any other maintenance. I'm thinking about a tran service and my question is drop and drain or flush? What other preventive measures should be taken? Of note- 75% of miles are easy highway miles. Some while dragging my boat back and forth from Orange Beach, AL. Thanks for the help and advice

I would have it changed, I think the owners manual calls for servicing the transmission at 95,000 unless it operates under sever conditions then at 45,000. I would just drop the pan and drain replace the filter and refill. I would not flush it. I have a 2015 Chevy PU too.

I would have it changed, I think the manual calls for changing

I would have it changed, I think the owners manual calls for servicing the transmission at 95,000 unless it operates under sever conditions then at 45,000. I would just drop the pan and drain replace the filter and refill. I would not flush it. I have a 2015 Chevy PU too.
Let me back track. I looked at the owners manual again and it does not say to change the transmission fluid unless under sever operating conditions (hard to believe).

the s10 im driving now had 175k miles when i bought it.
it was a 1 owner and the old man that owned it took good
care of it,he just never did a trans fluid change. so i
got it and changed the fluid,about 5 quarts or so and
since then i've changed it once a year for the 3 years
i've owned it. no problems. dont flush it. use good
fluid.i like to use valvoline

oh yeah. the first time i changed it,it was black and
burnt as ****...had me worried lol

Back
Top Bottom