• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2015 pics

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
A few pics since beginning of bow season. Can't seem to catch any mature deer on camera, but several promising young bucks keep showing up. Got a lot of pics of one particular, odd 9 point.

WGI_0188.JPG WGI_0189.JPG WGI_0191.JPG WGI_0199.JPG WGI_0047.JPG WGI_0209.JPG

Last edited:
The one in my avatar wasn't the biggest I gotten; but it did ride to the cooler like that. We only hunt 64 acres and some days it sounds like WW3 down there with all the deer being shot at. Only thing I have seen this year were 2 does that if you tied bricks to their necks and added them together might have weighed 100 pounds. Going down to spend the night and see if I can't find their momma and daddy tomorrow.

The one in my avatar wasn't the biggest I gotten; but it did ride to the cooler like that. We only hunt 64 acres and some days it sounds like WW3 down there with all the deer being shot at. Only thing I have seen this year were 2 does that if you tied bricks to their necks and added them together might have weighed 100 pounds. Going down to spend the night and see if I can't find their momma and daddy tomorrow.

Sounds like you've had the same kind of luck I've had this season. Hope you have better luck tomorrow.

We really don't start seeing deer until this week normally. Seems that all the chasing is at the end of Oct and to about Nov 7 every year. Need to try out the suppressed 308 and maybe even find a hog (we are seeing signs of them). My brother jumped a nice buck leaving going down the driveway Monday am. We are hunting thick cover by a lake, so we know they are there.

We really don't start seeing deer until this week normally. Seems that all the chasing is at the end of Oct and to about Nov 7 every year. Need to try out the suppressed 308 and maybe even find a hog (we are seeing signs of them). My brother jumped a nice buck leaving going down the driveway Monday am. We are hunting thick cover by a lake, so we know they are there.

The last couple of years I saw deer almost every time I went from beginning of bow season until late November. This year has been drastically different so far. I guess we are lucky not to have hogs on our property yet. I'd like to kill a hog, but it's not worth the damage they do to wish we had them.

Back
Top Bottom