• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2017 AR selling advice

ClassicBlue

Default rank <5000 posts
Friends don’t let friends buy cheap guns!
431   0
Reaction score
Unless the rifle you're selling is a premium weapon and considering you can buy a brand new Ruger AR-15 for $455.00, no one is going to pay $600.00 - $700.00 for your home build. PSA uppers on Anderson lowers have about as much resale value as VHS tapes right now. Sorry, you missed the window of opportunity. Shoot the heck out of it and enjoy.

Unless the rifle you're selling is a premium weapon and considering you can buy a brand new Ruger AR-15 for $455.00, no one is going to pay $600.00 - $700.00 for your home build. PSA uppers on Anderson lowers have about as much resale value as VHS tapes right now. Sorry, you missed the window of opportunity. Shoot the heck out of it and enjoy.
That deserves a repost.

Have a PSA premium rifle that I plan on wearing out, absolutely no reason to try to offload it in the current AR economic conditions. I must say it is surprisingly accurate. Steel case ammo and mag dump the **** out of it.

Instead of giving selling advice how about giving buyers advice to shooters thinking about buying their first AR?
I doubt you're going to change the asking price for most sellers, but you just might help an ODT member avoid paying too much or buying an AR that might have problems down the road (one that has been "stippled , spray painted , odd grips added , lights , lasers , unfired but sighted in")....

Instead of giving selling advice how about giving buyers advice to shooters thinking about buying their first AR?
I doubt you're going to change the asking price for most sellers, but you just might help an ODT member avoid paying too much or buying an AR that might have problems down the road (one that has been "stippled , spray painted , odd grips added , lights , lasers , unfired but sighted in")....
Nah, that makes too much sense and is way to complicated.

Back
Top Bottom