• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2017 Rut?

(M)

Default rank <3500 posts
100% Chuck Norris approved
104   0
Reaction score
Hi y'all. I'm fairly new to GA and was wondering when generally the rut begins. I realise it's different in different areas and cannot be locked down to a specific day but generally is it November or December in GA? Thanks for any input.

In Meriwhether County the first 2 weeks of November have been the best for me. After that they seem to be on lockdown. As you stated it does vary from area to area.

Years and years ago in Coweta it always seemed to be third week of November for me. This year I will be in Heard Co. as well in for all input.

Awesome thats perfect for me. I'm a couple countys over in Heard and my inlaws show up around the later half of November and stay a couple of weeks into Dec
See this rut map. http://georgiawildlife.com/rut-map GON also posts one that is a little different date-wise, but it's virtually the same every year.
Thanks for the link. I never thought to look there. It's funny how they figured out the rut peak by looking at deer/car collisions.

Awesome thats perfect for me. I'm a couple countys over in Heard and my inlaws show up around the later half of November and stay a couple of weeks into Dec

Thanks for the link. I never thought to look there. It's funny how they figured out the rut peak by looking at deer/car collisions.

The moon gets em going, but it's easy to see when it's on if you drive around the state.

Back
Top Bottom