• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2018 NASCAR fantasy racing league

Time's have changed, gotta be appropriate for the tv audiences . :blah::dance:

Times have changed alright.

I don’t hate the drivers (except for Kyle ,) but I can’t stand the new format. It’s just not watchable to me. Strategy means nothing when there is the big pile up at the end of each segment. So stupid. About the only strategy anymore is to not get wrecked somehow.

And the coverage is just getting so P.C. I don’t know much about Suarez, but he has a strange middle name. I swear they said “Mexican Born” every single time he was mentioned.

I used to be really into this sport, but damn. France has it jacked up so bad now. I’m sure next season will be totally different again. And 5 years from now (if they are still in business,) will be something else yet again.

What was wrong with leaving well-enough alone?

Brian France is running the sport out of business. This weekend, they will blame the anemic attendance on the rain, but we all know there is more to that story. He has to be setting some kind of records for running a very profitable enterprise into the ground.

Seriously. These races are horrible now.

Times have changed alright.

I don’t hate the drivers (except for Kyle ,) but I can’t stand the new format. It’s just not watchable to me. Strategy means nothing when there is the big pile up at the end of each segment. So stupid. About the only strategy anymore is to not get wrecked somehow.

And the coverage is just getting so P.C. I don’t know much about Suarez, but he has a strange middle name. I swear they said “Mexican Born” every single time he was mentioned.

I used to be really into this sport, but damn. France has it jacked up so bad now. I’m sure next season will be totally different again. And 5 years from now (if they are still in business,) will be something else yet again.

What was wrong with leaving well-enough alone?

Brian France is running the sport out of business. This weekend, they will blame the anemic attendance on the rain, but we all know there is more to that story. He has to be setting some kind of records for running a very profitable enterprise into the ground.

Seriously. These races are horrible now.

Definitely hard to get use to. I grew up going to Talladega , Atlanta and really enjoyed those races. To me when the restrictor plates were added NASCAR lost some of there fan base, nothing like seeing Bill Elliott turning a avg lap speed of 213 mph at dega But now it's kind of like dirt track racing and there heat laps. And that takes away from strategies for the team's, they say NASCAR is trying hard to make racing cost effective for every team and especially small team's. I don't like what NASCAR has become, but I'm still a fan.

I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade.

I just really enjoyed it several years ago, and why couldn’t they just leave it alone. The format and schedule changed very little for decades, and attendance skyrocketed. France should be able to figure out his constant monkeying around is ruining stuff.

I don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade.

I just really enjoyed it several years ago, and why couldn’t they just leave it alone. The format and schedule changed very little for decades, and attendance skyrocketed. France should be able to figure out his constant monkeying around is ruining stuff.

I liked it much better also. I think his plan was to take away the "rednecks" hysteria associated with NASCAR and bring in New fan's. Well it may have brought new fans in but ran off a lot of the old base.

I liked it much better also. I think his plan was to take away the "rednecks" hysteria associated with NASCAR and bring in New fan's. Well it may have brought new fans in but ran off a lot of the old base.

That is probably it.

They keep trying to attract minorities. But they aren’t into it. So they have run off a zillion rednecks like me.

They seem to have made their choice, and alienated most of their base.

Back
Top Bottom