• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 hunting season

I saw the proposed dates. But haven't seen any official yet. Mainly curious about bow opener. And we need to start a countdown

5EDD5F95-743A-455F-872E-4B19AAAAED62.png
Proposed but not in stone

It’s about time to get the cameras out and start taking inventory. It’ll be here before you know it.
I usually start in August,we try to shoot 5.5 plus and the best time to get a good age in my opinion is aug and sept we try to do a hit list lol.its a lot easier for me if I know the deer (antlers) before the heat of the moment,because a 2.5 120 inch 10 pointer looks like a Boone and Crockett chasing a doe 100 yards in a clear cut.

I usually start in August,we try to shoot 5.5 plus and the best time to get a good age in my opinion is aug and sept we try to do a hit list lol.its a lot easier for me if I know the deer (antlers) before the heat of the moment,because a 2.5 120 inch 10 pointer looks like a Boone and Crockett chasing a doe 100 yards in a clear cut.
Very true.
We have so many pass through our place and then they vanish, never to be seen again. That’s the bad part about having a small tract of land.
I like to track the progress of their antler growth and check on fawn recruitment more than anything I guess.

Back
Top Bottom