• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2021 Dove Season

I saw that mentioned somewhere else. Haven’t checked the regs for myself yet, so I’m assuming it’s true. I wonder what the reason behind this change is? It makes more sense from a hunting stand point. Fields last longer when they are only shot in the morning and not evenings, but I doubt that had anything to do with their decision to make the change.

I saw that mentioned somewhere else. Haven’t checked the regs for myself yet, so I’m assuming it’s true. I wonder what the reason behind this change is? It makes more sense from a hunting stand point. Fields last longer when they are only shot in the morning and not evenings, but I doubt that had anything to do with their decision to make the change.
basically they did a poll for dove hunters and the majority voted for the new hours so they changed it.

We will still be having the traditional cookout with an afternoon shoot to follow. I like the change for those want it, but just because they changed the start doesn’t mean you have to change with it. Opening day of dove season is a day long event. It’s the the Super Bowl of my hunting season, or compare it to the bass master classic, if you will. Yeah it’s the start of the season but it’s still the biggest event of the year. Every day afield after that is a just icing on the cake!

its kind of changing tradition, its always been noon on opening day far as I remember.
on the other hand it is getting that people are coming to the WMA fields about 1600 and setting up right beside someone

I think they creating a disaster for opening day,I would guess that 75% of hunters shoot opening day only.

I'm with bigearl68, just because the rules change doesn't mean you have to. I put alot of time and $$ into our dove fields. It's by far my favorite weekend of the year. It's a 3 day event with us cooking, football and shooting birds. I can't see us hunting at daylight on opening day, we rarely shoot mornings on the opening split anyway. I'm all for the change though it may help others and doesn't effect me in anyway. May actually help if others around us start shooting at daylight.

Back
Top Bottom