• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2021 Georgia Bulldogs

By the logic that UGA had a far superior record against common opponents than Bama, Bama was the better team???
You know the "common opponents" is a flawed argument and saying X is better than Y can be swayed multiple different ways. Bama/Aub is one of the biggest rivalries in all sports. Anything can happen in that game.
UF gave up before they ever met UGA.
Arkansas hit bama with the big plays and made it close, UGA had better pass D and shut it down against them.
Head to head Bama was better at full strength than UGA (Atlanta).
Head to head UGA was better with Bama losing WR1 and WR2 (Indy).
Would UGA have beat them had Bama not lost their two top targets? Possibly, we will never know.
But we did see what happened when both were healthy.

Alabama Gump’s: Man our guys were hurt and we didn’t have depth

Meanwhile......
4C11426B-9C4D-4E4A-BB66-35869D8D7A92.jpeg

Alabama literally had the highest rated team according to the recruiting services.

You know the "common opponents" is a flawed argument and saying X is better than Y can be swayed multiple different ways. Bama/Aub is one of the biggest rivalries in all sports. Anything can happen in that game.
Arkansas hit bama with the big plays and made it close, UGA had better pass D and shut it down against them.
Would UGA have beat them had Bama not lost their two top targets? Possibly, we will never know.
I agree, ONE common opponent is a tenuous argument. With each added opponent the reality emerges.
I try and use as objective a measurement(s) as exists. You have a litany of subjectives. UGA was a better team, overall, all season long, except for one day. Fortunately on the day it mattered, the averages held true.

Tide’s WR1 and WR2 were injured playing against GEORGIA. If you can’t play physical football don’t play the Dawgs!!

The offense looked shaky in the first half -- but the defense kept them in the game. The offense settled down in the second half and defense still kept them in the game. I loved it that the defense iced the game. In my opinion they are the real hero's of the game....

I always believed in Stetson though. My Dad always told me "you dance with the one that brung you". I'm glad Kirby stayed with him. What a story book tale for Stetson. I'm so glad he helped beat Alabama.....

Go Dawgs -- JMHO

The offense looked shaky in the first half -- but the defense kept them in the game. The offense settled down in the second half and defense still kept them in the game. I loved it that the defense iced the game. In my opinion they are the real hero's of the game....

I always believed in Stetson though. My Dad always told me "you dance with the one that brung you". I'm glad Kirby stayed with him. What a story book tale for Stetson. I'm so glad he helped beat Alabama.....

Go Dawgs -- JMHO
Couldn't agree more. It's an unpopular opinion but Bennett is better than Daniels.

Back
Top Bottom