• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2021 Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP

Changed it a little bit. Honestly most of the funerals I ride in each year are new riders on Harleys. Most of the time it's new riders not riding their own ride and trying to do things beyond their skillset or even worse, simply not paying attention because they care more about how they look while riding than they do about paying attention to their surroundings.

That said I have been to a ton of funerals of young sportbike riders who rode a wheelie into the back or front of another vehicle.

Statistically, more fatalities happen with middle aged guys on cruisers than on sportbikes...

My biggest problem is that one motorcycle isn't enough. I want this one, I would like to have another Hayabusa and GSX-R 750, a BMW S1000R or Aprilia Truono V4 1100 would be sweet too. I need one for each day of the week. :wof:

I just sold my Tuono V4 1100 a couple weeks ago... made more at the wheel than the S1000R made at the crank, it was a stupid fast bike...

I stopped street riding when the safest guy I ever road with was splattered by a drunk driver.
If I hadn’t stopped I’d have a garage full. Cbr1100xx , hayabusa, rc51......etc etc

I stopped street riding when the safest guy I ever road with was splattered by a drunk driver.
If I hadn’t stopped I’d have a garage full. Cbr1100xx , hayabusa, rc51......etc etc

Well, something is gonna get ya... Lots of people die in cars, slips and falls, cancer, heart attacks, strokes, etc...

I have hit pavement 3 times... twice on the road... once from a careless driver who clipped me turning right into a parking lot from the left hand lane, dragged me under the back of his truck for 50 feet before he even realized that he had hit someone... another time a dog ran out in front of me because some jerk can't keep his dog on a leash... Another time on the racetrack where a rider went down in front of me in a turn and BAM, I was right on top of him...

Walked away all 3 times with minor bumps and bruises... I always wear my gear on the street...

Well, something is gonna get ya... Lots of people die in cars, slips and falls, cancer, heart attacks, strokes, etc...

I have hit pavement 3 times... twice on the road... once from a careless driver who clipped me turning right into a parking lot from the left hand lane, dragged me under the back of his truck for 50 feet before he even realized that he had hit someone... another time a dog ran out in front of me because some jerk can't keep his dog on a leash... Another time on the racetrack where a rider went down in front of me in a turn and BAM, I was right on top of him...

Walked away all 3 times with minor bumps and bruises... I always wear my gear on the street...
I value my life more than I value the pleasure of riding.

I value my life more than I value the pleasure of riding.

I get that. I just know that at some point, something is going to kill me. I can avoid the things that bring me pleasure, that I am passionate about, and still get cancer and die, or get hit by a bus, etc... I only have one life, I might as well enjoy it...

Back
Top Bottom