• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2021 Silver Eagles

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
166   0
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but I am starting to build up some silver to keep away and saw the new version 2 silver eagles about to be released. Is there any point/reason to get in on the sealed “first strikes” or first edition coins? Obviously the silver is worth whatever it is at the moment but does the collectibility matter?

Probably a dumb question, but I am starting to build up some silver to keep away and saw the new version 2 silver eagles about to be released. Is there any point/reason to get in on the sealed “first strikes” or first edition coins? Obviously the silver is worth whatever it is at the moment but does the collectibility matter?
Yes it does, the design was changed in 2021, so type a or type b will be a limited press, in that year the proof coins that are slabbed are already going for a lot

silver is silver, why pay more for a government meme (ASE) that is the most widely faked coin in the world

just stack 10 oz bullion bars or kilos. low premium = win
You just answered your own question. I buy whatever has the lowest premium. And that's why I only have 1 old style Eagle in my stack. Got it cheap because it was circulated and beat up.
I have 1oz bars and just got a 5oz Sunshine Mint bar. When I pay my cards down a little more I will either order another 5 oz or maybe a 10. But that's about as big as I would want.
Working on filling two cigar boxes. One is all 999 or 9999 rounds and bars. The other is 90% junk silver. I like the old half dollars a lot.
Anyway as far as new or old style Eagles are concerned you just have to ask yourself if you're a collector or a stacker. I am a stacker . So I want the cheap silver.

Got these 3 Maple Leaves on Thursday from JM Bullion. I like them for the looks and because they're 9999 silver.

Attachments

• 20220322_162756.jpg
    20220322_162756.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20220325_142032760.jpg
    IMG_20220325_142032760.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 28
Anyway as far as new or old style Eagles are concerned you just have to ask yourself if you're a collector or a stacker. I am a stacker . So I want the cheap silver.
I just started "collecting" silver about a month ago and couldn't wrap my mind around why some coins/rounds/bars were selling for 2 and 3 times spot price. Had a buddy explain it basically the same way as you did. Investor vs collector mentality. I am a collector and buy the things I like at lowest price I can find. Knowing/hoping that at the very least it'll be worth spot price if I need to liquidate...

JM Bouillon and I find it's worth the $12.99 expedited shipping.
I didn't opt for the expedited shipping. But the postal service got my order here 2 days early. One time I ordered a little over $400.00 worth an I opted for the postal carrier to require a signature which was like $5.00 more. Well I could have saved that money because they put it in the mailbox and rolled on.
I'm having good luck with USPS shipping lately. Now on the flip side of that I have 1000 rounds of Tula 9mm from Classic Firearms that is now 3 days late thanks to FedEx. They suck donkey nuts.

Back
Top Bottom