• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2022/23 harvest page

Big doe, September 27, ended up in ER after dragging her, had one stent put in heart. I guess she is my "heart" deer.View attachment 4845865
Sorry about the stint my friend. Luckily I was able to drag the deer about 30 yards to a neighbor’s pasture fence and into a backhoe bucket then carried to to bed of my truck. Couldn’t have gotten much easier.

Just got in from helping my neighbors grandson find and load his buck. This is his very first deer to shoot with.a bow and tonight was his 3rd time to ever hunt, talk about setting the bar high and having all the planets line up. Don’t know what this buck weighed but it was a heavy one.
e9c0dcbf0ea0c29fb6d88a8cca5cc750.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fantastic, I've been wanting velvet for years. this year all were out of velvet before bow season
3 years ago they were still in velvet through bow season
looking at your buck below the antlers, the brown head reminds me of an elk
here is one from opening day Northeast Bartow, hard bone
View attachment 4855301
Beautiful color.
Love the gray ones .

Yeah man if you’re gonna do a stress test on your heart….dragging a deer will certainly do that for ya.

My old boss shot a monster mature buck on my property when I lived in western Pa.
It worked out perfectly cause he shot it on a knoll and the deer ran about 70 yards and slid down the hill towards where he was parked and literally ended up three feet from his Jeep.
1. He’s from Texas and will never , ever shoot another deer this big in the wild.
2.He will never have an easier drag.
3.He will never see that amount of deer activity in one place ever again.
4.He will Remember that day forever.

Back
Top Bottom