• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2022-23 Way too early “Deer”Rifle thread

Sticking with my trusty old 700 stainless in 30-06. Took three shots last season, dropped 3 deer. Can't get much better odds than that!

View attachment 4067060
That’s a beautiful rifle! I really want a Aught Six on a 700 or Weatherby Vanguard action. It would have a 22” barrel and a Boyds Laminated stock. Bomb proof globe trotting game getter.

I j
That’s a beautiful rifle! I really want a Aught Six on a 700 or Weather
by Vanguard action. It would have a 22” barrel and a Boyds Laminated stock. Bomb proof globe trotting game getter.

Thanks, I really love the setup! I have a factory camo stock that it came with, bought the "Wood Tech" stock off another great member on here. That laminate stock idea sounds tempting too! Nice Model Seven, sweet little rifle!

I'm in the middle of refurbing an old 80s 700 mountain in 280. Gonna do a touch up rust blue once I get enough time to do it. Probably have the bolt sent off to rejewel.

I'm in the middle of refurbing an old 80s 700 mountain in 280. Gonna do a touch up rust blue once I get enough time to do it. Probably have the bolt sent off to rejewel.
Great minds think alike. The bolt on the 7 was worn smooth on one side. I went ahead and polished it out. If it is acceptable in the accuracy department the bolt will go to Baldwin in Michigan for jeweling. Probably have our local cross dresser do a cera kote job.

Great minds think alike. The bolt on the 7 was worn smooth on one side. I went ahead and polished it out. If it is acceptable in the accuracy department the bolt will go to Baldwin in Michigan for jeweling. Probably have our local cross dresser do a cera kote job.
Baldwin is the best in my opinion, does a beautiful job! Very reasonably priced too!

Ruger M77 International 308 , Leupold 3.5 X 10 x 50 scope , Winchester 180 grain Power Points. Traded for it last month.

Attachments

• IMG_20220310_221442245.jpg
    IMG_20220310_221442245.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom