• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2022-23 Way too early “Deer”Rifle thread

Just waiting on more parts to come in. My barrel bands came in yesterday, there new old stock remington made.
You going to strip and finish the stock? This stuff is addictive. I have been thinking about a hot blue set up and some other basic smithing set ups.

You going to strip and finish the stock? This stuff is addictive. I have been thinking about a hot blue set up and some other basic smithing set ups.
It will depend on how it looks once it gets here, I ordered a surplus scant stock from sarco that's supposed to be ww2 manufactured

I've been wanting one of these and finally got what I was looking for.

Attachments

• B-78 L.jpg
    B-78 L.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 35
Update on the Model 7
View attachment 4331351
Trigger tuned, Plug screws contoured and blued, blueing touched up, stock painted, DNZ low mount, Weaver Classic K4. Haven’t decided if I am going to re jewel or have the bolt fluted.
That rifle looks great! If it were me, I’d flute the bolt and cerakote the flutes black.

Plan on using my mutt 7.62x39 AR with Harvester suppressor as usual. Been a great gun to hunt with and harvested a lot of deer with it. For something different, I've got a Rossi 357 lever action with a red dot that might get the call. Might even take the 44 mag Raging Bull pistol; but it is a LOUD MOFO (ear pro required) to pull the trigger on. Choices, choices, choices and more choices.

Back
Top Bottom