• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2022 Trail Cam Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collectively, we are all in agreement to manage for big bucks but I understand from the stand they look different.

i believe that it helps me to have seen some on camera before season.

public land yep I get it.

Collectively, we are all in agreement to manage for big bucks but I understand from the stand they look different.

i believe that it helps me to have seen some on camera before season.

public land yep I get it.
I agree but in all Honesty in owning our land for going on the 17th season we have killed 3 bucks from early season that we shot in Oct… About every buck shot in rut we may have gotten a glimpse of running does on cam then saw or shot it and were from somewhere else. We have a nice creek that comes thru with a little elevation and you can see 5 different bucks work thru cruising, or on does.

We have a huge Ag county and work really hard on camera placement and year round plots and nutrition..

Do you guys traditionally shoot the same bucks you see early in the summer months?

i haven’t shot a deer in many many years but I do understand that bucks travel especially in rut.

i would say that if everyone (impossible task) would let immature bucks walk we would have lots of huge bucks.

wishful thinking

i haven’t shot a deer in many many years but I do understand that bucks travel especially in rut.

i would say that if everyone (impossible task) would let immature bucks walk we would have lots of huge bucks.

wishful thinking
Totally agree. I wish GA would make a minimum spread on all bucks taken with a min of 4 on one side for all bucks taken..

I get ill when we go to the processors and see grown men shooting 100 pound spikes and 4 pointers..

Just shoot does..

That's a hard task in georgia. Easier on private land though. The one I shot last year was 3.5. I would have bet my paycheck he was 5.5 when I saw him coming up. I don't regret it though. You pass up a big buck on public land and someone else will pull the trigger on him.

View attachment 4585696
I would have shot him also I’m sure his weight plays a big role in what anthers look like,I also would think being a 12 would have put him in the 140’s.thats where trail cam pics are a advantage on private land and you don’t have to make a instant decision.once they swell up for the rut it’s easy to think a 3 is a 5

I agree but in all Honesty in owning our land for going on the 17th season we have killed 3 bucks from early season that we shot in Oct… About every buck shot in rut we may have gotten a glimpse of running does on cam then saw or shot it and were from somewhere else. We have a nice creek that comes thru with a little elevation and you can see 5 different bucks work thru cruising, or on does.

We have a huge Ag county and work really hard on camera placement and year round plots and nutrition..

Do you guys traditionally shoot the same bucks you see early in the summer months?
If you can kill him on muzzy week or 1 st week of gun yes,if not you will just have to find where he went and start there.

B52B84F4-ED55-4D3A-9329-DC988FA110B1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom