• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2023 Trapping thread

Got skunked this AM but always fun checkin em in the snow.

B482B77A-F7CE-410D-B684-5536B078F79B.jpeg

So, what length stake do you use and how deep do you drive it in the ground? I cut about 24" rebar and drove them half way in. My concern is that the ground is very soft. Can a coon slide the chain up the stake and steal my trap?

So, what length stake do you use and how deep do you drive it in the ground? I cut about 24" rebar and drove them half way in. My concern is that the ground is very soft. Can a coon slide the chain up the stake and steal my trap?
I have about 20 inch rebar with a washer welded on top and drive it straight down.no problem pulling straight up with chain on trap

You could cut about 6 inches off and and weld on top use it as a t handle I’m planning on doing some shortly

So you drive it all the way in. I just set three, as I got here late. About 12" in the ground, and 12" up, but nothing welded on top. Thinking I might go pull them, and weld something on top tomorrow.
I don’t think he will escape as long as it stays in the ground just kill him when you get there most will raise hell a little there will be a catch circle and they will dig a little you can see mine here
352B0441-786F-4DEA-A2D1-4A05C59078CF.jpeg

got around to baiting the trap yesterday

I mix the corn with fruit punch, 2 strawberry jello powder, 8 strawberry Kool Aid, and 2 beers, then poured Big & J PIGS-DIG-IT Hog Attractant,

I should have put up a sign “Hogs Only NO Deer Allowed”

3 hours later this Doe shows up; they are hungry this time of year their natural food is scarce

View attachment 5263101
I would have needed more than 2 beers to set that trap

Back
Top Bottom