• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2023 Trapping thread

That's a lot of driving. What is your primary reason for trapping? I am hoping to increase our turkey and quail population. Do you find that it helps? I'm also tired of seeing them in my feeders.
Supplemental feed consumption and ground-dwelling bird egg predation are both good reasons for trapping and getting rid of the raccoons.
I am about to start getting after them myself.

That's a lot of driving. What is your primary reason for trapping? I am hoping to increase our turkey and quail population. Do you find that it helps? I'm also tired of seeing them in my feeders.
Yes I think it helps on the nest raiders,we also have hogs that come thru and I’m sure they bust up nest they find.

Yes I think it helps on the nest raiders,we also have hogs that come thru and I’m sure they bust up nest they find.
Fortunately, we don't have a hog problem any more. I have set a few live traps in the past, but am about to start setting the leg holds too. I've been working on the dillos, but at least they don't climb in my feeders. I've had a covey of quail hanging around the last couple of years and would really like to see it grow.

6 th night 2 -coons one was same trap as yesterday
E763E68C-941B-45FE-967A-D71CD7AE1707.jpeg
F5D233C7-5EBA-4DAE-B110-ED5886DDEA95.jpeg

Well, that is 20 critters that won't be eating turkey eggs. I am waiting on my Dukes traps to get here. I will be setting traps on Thursday. Got rebar for stakes, marshmallows, and sardines and cat food for live traps. So, are you done trapping for the year?

Well, that is 20 critters that won't be eating turkey eggs. I am waiting on my Dukes traps to get here. I will be setting traps on Thursday. Got rebar for stakes, marshmallows, and sardines and cat food for live traps. So, are you done trapping for the year?
Yes we have a hired trapper that will trap last 2 weeks of season for the furbearers.he will catch a few coons but had rather target fox,bobcat and the yotes

Back
Top Bottom