• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2023 Trapping thread

I'm going to remove the leg traps, there are 2.
I just don't think they will work on that short legged critter, he'll probably touch it off with his nose and may get away and not come back.
Read that sardines are a good bait, will put in the cage trap before dark

I got it

IMG_20230226_092626.jpg

How did you get it?
I Hate those things. I've probably killed 40 or more on the last 2 years. I've run em down on 4 wheelers and golf carts but as you said, they are fast.
Had a guy working with me several years ago that was from Guatemala that would run em down and catch em..

I am not catching like I should be. Been using cat food, sardines, and marshmallows. Any suggestions for something better? Frustrating to watch coons on my cameras, as they walk around the traps.
The coon rut has started here in Oklahoma. Just like bucks the boars don't feed much when looking for a mate.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

We've had armadillos here since the late 80's. I'll never forget in 1989 -I just bought a new truck- some friends and were going pheasant hunting around Oakley Kansas. As we were leaving oklahoma we run over an armadillo. I backed up and threw it in the back of my truck. We stayed at a friend's farm by Grinnel Kansas. As we went through town that evening I tossed the armadillo out in front of the Co-oP. The next day after our morning hunt we went to the local diner for lunch. There was a big table full of the local big-overall wearing farmers and we could hear their conversations. "I told you them sumbitches be here before long" "armadillo? There ain't no way there's any this far north" " did you see it? I didn't and I ain't believing it until I see one"

Now when we go up their bird hunting they are every where and they sure mess up a good bird dog with false points and chasing them.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

How did you get it?
I Hate those things. I've probably killed 40 or more on the last 2 years. I've run em down on 4 wheelers and golf carts but as you said, they are fast.
Had a guy working with me several years ago that was from Guatemala that would run em down and catch em..

see my other post further back
I put sardines in the trap
but when he came out from under the boat he had no choice but to go in the trap, sardines were all gone

Back
Top Bottom