• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2023 Turkey Quota Hunts

I was unsuccessful, got a point. I have 2 points for turkey now, 2 for state park, and 1 for deer. I'll wager them next application process.

None of us got emails here. I had to check the web site. I didn't draw but wife and boy did.

Guess I better plan a trip OOS. Probably CO or NM. Need to get a Merriam's to finish my slam.
Not to derail thread but where did you go to get your Rio? Was it a private hunt or public land? I'm looking to get on a Rio or possibly Merriams this year.

I wanted to get a for-sure historic range bird, not a mutt. We went to a ranch near Kerrville, TX. I wouldn't recommend that place specifically for...reasons.

Look for a ranch with at least 10K acres and a river or large creek on it. Ask specifically if you will be able to hunt on the part of the ranch bordering the watercourse. Also ask what will be going on before and during your time there. That's my advice anyhow.

For public land, SW OK is it unless you can draw a public hunt in TX. SW OK bird numbers have been on a downward trend. I've been trying to draw in TX for years.

If you're only interested in what the NWTF map says you have lots more options for where you can go for a Rio.

Who drew or didn't draw?

I drew the 1st hunt @ Paulding Forest!
I didn't draw in GA this year. I drew the 1st hunt on PF last year. Saw 1 other hunter in 5 days of hunting which is crazy for PF. Heard birds every day but 1. This year should be good with only 21 killed on the whole WMA last year. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom