2024 Silverado EV

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
As an Avalanche owner, I can not tell you how much more utility you get out of a collapsible midgate. I always said if they ever made it again, I'd buy one.
But I've also said I'd never buy another GM product (for political reasons) and I'd never get an EV but dang.....
Try and stomach watching the entire video before commenting. I really wish they were going to make a gas version but then you wouldn't get the 0-60 in sub 4.5 or the frunk.
I want to hear your sane pros and cons.

I was amazed when they said it would tow 10k and it's a unibody design.
Biggest thing is how much will a middle of pack run and what features it will have plus range. 400 miles on a charge in a full size truck is incredible.
Always have been an GM/avalanche fan so I'm a little biased. It cost me about 66 to fill up now and get right at 400 miles. If electric can compete with that cost wise I'm in.

The MSRP for most models will apparently be $50-$70k so I guess not out of line at all with current MSRPs. I doubt that $40k model will be readily available but who knows. In 2002 the Z66 package with every conceivable interior option I bought had an MSRP of $35k, so in reality, given it's been 20 years, I guess it's not outrageous.
Unfortunately the midgate is an 'option'. I suspect to get it, you'll be up there in the options packages. The frunk is nice but a combustible engine version would be nicer.

Cracks me up when they tout the 0-60 times of these EVs. It has been a long time since I have given a **** what the 0-60 time is.
lol, me too, but given the low apparent very low center of gravity, I might be interested in it again, .... on.... specific occasions. :)

The MSRP for most models will apparently be $50-$70k so I guess not out of line at all with current MSRPs. I doubt that $40k model will be readily available but who knows. In 2002 the Z66 package with every conceivable interior option I bought had an MSRP of $35k, so in reality, given it's been 20 years, I guess it's not outrageous.
Unfortunately the midgate is an 'option'. I suspect to get it, you'll be up there in the options packages. The frunk is nice but a combustible engine version would be nicer.
The way GM is with options you would be surprised. My Elevation is higher equiped option wise than most AT4s and SLTs out there.

1. The Millennial sitting in the back seat looks like he borrowed his girlfriend’s boots.
2. It’s a damn good looking truck.

1. The Millennial sitting in the back seat looks like he borrowed his girlfriend’s boots.
2. It’s a damn good looking truck.
I did think the thick chick as the lead engineer and the effeminate guy as the presenters were an odd marketing choice. But hey, it's 2022. I'm lost as a ball in high weeds at what is 'normal' now.

Back
Top Bottom