• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 adapter

Duce4trey

Default rank <4000 posts
KEYBOARD OPERATOR
58   0
Reaction score
In preparation of my ARC22 I finally bought an adapter for my M&P 22c.
I am assuming I would just use some loctite on it.
Or should I use rockset.

What have you guys done with a similar setup?

IMG_4578.JPG
Yeah dude if it has a tool just a little extra umph was fine. I got 500 through it without having to retighten yet but a cleaning is coming soon for the M&PC. Poster above is right....you're in for a real treat haha, may I suggest a vise, butane torch, large Chanel locks, 3 beers at least, and no fear. Remove factory protector mangled and exhausted. Then thread on adapter give it a micro extra turn hand tighten can too or you'll start disassembling everything to take it off. You can check it every couple mags make sure it's still all tight mine has been EVERYTIME I've checked lol. I'm kinda gentle with them now, mine sticks to the shoulder tight, tapered threads maybe? :noidea:

EWK adapter for me. Freaking love it

By hand.

If you use that stuff, how will you be able to get it off to get the slide off to clean the gun?

Oh, and you're in for a treat with the M&P .22 Compact!

So smart.
Completly not even thinking about cleaning.
Been waiting forever and a day on this can just want it here now.

View attachment 1085405 Yeah dude if it has a tool just a little extra umph was fine. I got 500 through it without having to retighten yet but a cleaning is coming soon for the M&PC. Poster above is right....you're in for a real treat haha, may I suggest a vise, butane torch, large Chanel locks, 3 beers at least, and no fear. Remove factory protector mangled and exhausted. Then thread on adapter give it a micro extra turn hand tighten can too or you'll start disassembling everything to take it off. You can check it every couple mags make sure it's still all tight mine has been EVERYTIME I've checked lol. I'm kinda gentle with them now, mine sticks to the shoulder tight, tapered threads maybe? :noidea:

EWK adapter for me. Freaking love it
Gotta remember too, rimfire suppressed is a nasty filthy b****. The M&P22C was said from the factory to experience a failure post 500 rounds fired uncleaned. Pretty impressive for a 22, shrink those numbers if you're canned up it'll get dirtier. That being said, you gotta remove the thread adapter to dissasssmble the pistol loctite may make that suck a bit more. After a certain temp loctites burns up?? And def don't use red lolol or out with the butane torch again for regular maintenance

Gotta remember too, rimfire suppressed is a nasty filthy b****. The M&P22C was said from the factory to experience a failure post 500 rounds fired uncleaned. Pretty impressive for a 22, shrink those numbers if you're canned up it'll get dirtier. That being said, you gotta remove the thread adapter to dissasssmble the pistol loctite may make that suck a bit more. After a certain temp loctites burns up?? And def don't use red lolol or out with the butane torch again for regular maintenance
Didn't notice you already nailed it hayata:bounce:

Another word of advice on the M&P .22 Compact.

Go light on the lube. I had a mess up in the slide to where I had to drive out the pin and remove the section housing the firing pin and clean it up. Learned my lesson on that one!

Back
Top Bottom