• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 bullets tumbling-AGAIN!!

Find a friend with a lathe or a nice spin fixture and a granite measuring table and check runout/concentricity on at least the front end cap.

If you eliminated the host as a problem, then it can only be the can

Completely differ idea of what is going on. I recently got a Bergara 14R trainer and it shoots awesome. However, screw my SiCo SpectreII on and POI will shift between 1-1.5 feet (yes feet) at 25 yards. Contracted Bergara and actually got someone there that had the same issue and worked in CS. He called me back and explained that the first baffle was actually touching the muzzle due to thread length, seems common in some older designs. He was having the same issue with a Warlock. He suggested that I put a spacer on and try it again. Sure enough, holes were close to where the non suppressed gun was shooting in a quick check. I ordered some 1/2x28 jam nuts to move the suppressor down the threads to alleviate the issue.

Completely differ idea of what is going on. I recently got a Bergara 14R trainer and it shoots awesome. However, screw my SiCo SpectreII on and POI will shift between 1-1.5 feet (yes feet) at 25 yards. Contracted Bergara and actually got someone there that had the same issue and worked in CS. He called me back and explained that the first baffle was actually touching the muzzle due to thread length, seems common in some older designs. He was having the same issue with a Warlock. He suggested that I put a spacer on and try it again. Sure enough, holes were close to where the non suppressed gun was shooting in a quick check. I ordered some 1/2x28 jam nuts to move the suppressor down the threads to alleviate the issue.

While it hasn't quite been standardized across the board, the nominal length of 1/2-28 threads for most manufacturers is .500" thread length. You must have some really long threads if they are hitting the blast baffle.

Jamnuts would make me nervous. Now you are relying solely on the concentricity of threads that are designed to have clearance in them. You probably will be okay (probably) but I'd rather have a flat face indexed off the shoulder to align parallelism with the bore centerline to the silencer centerline. For short-range, .22LR shooting, it may not be much of a difference but tolerance stackup on long range stuff would make jamnuts a questionable idea.

Ground shims are the way to go here.

Pholley526 Pholley526 what brand/model? At this point we're all assuming it's a $20 bought off amazon solvent trap..
HAHA!! As a matter of fact you sir have the same can. Im not here bashing the maker of the can-I wanted to make it wasn't something stupid I had overlooked. The can is back at the manufacturer and they acknowledged it was the can and I should have it back within a week.

HAHA!! As a matter of fact you sir have the same can. Im not here bashing the maker of the can-I wanted to make it wasn't something stupid I had overlooked. The can is back at the manufacturer and they acknowledged it was the can and I should have it back within a week.
Sad day, I was hoping it was a solvent trap. No change on my end either

Screenshot_20200902-091802.png

Back
Top Bottom