• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 rimfire bullet trap question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trick will be finding a material that doesn't make a ridiculous mess as you shoot it to bits.

Maybe a sheet of that self-healing, reactive target rubber that they make these things out of.

View attachment 4577790

As RD10 says though - not sure that I'd be shooting 22WMag at anything that's only rated for 22LR.
I knew something would come up that would make a good buffer. This great idea.

Deleted. Didn't want to give myself a point.
Go ahead bro! One of you certainly don't hesitate to dish em out to me. I can handle it. It will go through the wall if it goes through the trap. The only thing it will hit if it manages to get through the trap is a very steep hill covered in cudzu on that side. I am looking for options to act as a buffer. It not like I am shooting 375 H&H. I am not going to miss the trap at the distance I am shooting. The two shots were off hand so I am not worried about it. You shouldn't be if I'm not. The guy that had it before me said he shot it doors all the time but got to the point where he couldn't put up with the smell. I am not the only one that has done it.

There is always somebody afraid of making a mistake or has some weird phobia. If everyone was that deathly afraid we would still be u asking rotary dial phones.

If you want to call me a name go for it I won't tattle. It's very easy when you are doing it with a computer buffer.

I just bought 22 rim fire bullet trap and it works like a champ inside. Great for practicing my off hand shooting. I tried today and it didn't move 1mm when the projectile hit the back stop. Has anybody tried a 22 mag. in the one Champion makes? This going to have buying 22LR ammo more often but I have a good source for it so that's no big deal. I would like to practice with my 22mag. but I am a bit reserved until I have an actual real life account of it being done.

I open the windows where the trap is and put fan pulling air though.

There's a reason these exist:

I already though about ventilation after hearing about the fumes the previous owner mentioned. There are two windows in the room it sits in. The fan pulls a cross breeze right above the trap. Depending on the wind outside I can utilize the fan in a way that is using the wind to its advantage. It won't be pissing in the fan so to speak.

I just wanted suggestions for a good buffer. I think that self healing, reactive material will l be the ticket. I for one don't care what the ODT Militia Mafioso have to offer. It will be a bunch of criticism based on nothing but speculation and narcissistic opinions. They will want to pick a back and forth what if, what will and harsh comments. At that point I will abandon the thread. I don't ignore anyone in particular just the whole mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom