• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 suppressor

mgonza

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
‘Bout Tre Fiddy
171   0
Reaction score
I want one. Which one is the best?
I want to suppress a ruger 10/22 and some sort of pistol.

What 22 pistol is the best host?

Thanks mates.

I want one. Which one is the best?
I want to suppress a ruger 10/22 and some sort of pistol.

What 22 pistol is the best host?

Thanks mates.

I have a Spectre II in jail.....going on 7 months.....I did a lot of research before I decided to buy this one, but I've never shot it. I have to give props to Dobbs @Nonliberal as he shot his ARC22 (forgive me if I mislabeled the model; his .22 can) for me one time when I was there and kinda wished I bought one from him. That ****er was QUIET!

I have a Spectre II in jail.....going on 7 months.....I did a lot of research before I decided to buy this one, but I've never shot it. I have to give props to Dobbs @Nonliberal as he shot his ARC22 (forgive me if I mislabeled the model; his .22 can) for me one time when I was there and kinda wished I bought one from him. That ****er was QUIET!
How much are the specters?

How much are the specters?

**** man, I don't remember $200-$300 ish....I would have to look it up. I went in to buy a 9mm can and the dude talked me into a .22 can also.....I honestly don't remember. Check out http://www.silencershop.com/....their prices are pretty on point and I've been able to talk most people at local gun shops down to these prices.

Another vote for Dobbs. Still waiting on mine..

Alot of guys like the Ruger 22/45 but they suck when it comes to teardown time. Major pain. I had one and sold it just for that. I run a browning buckmark and love it. Id really like to get a S&W victory. Theyre still hard to come by in the threaded variant. Havent checked recently though.

And a 10/22 suppressed is a blast.

Another vote for the Dobbs arc22 and arc22 al. Incredibly quiet and the al model is so light that you almost dont know its there. Well built while still easy to disassemble & clean (if you're into that). Seems to me that they are all similar in decibel level, depending on your weapon, weather, and choice of weapon, so I wonder if your ear can hear much of a difference between one and the other....

So many great hosts available...maybe you should choose one that is close to the style and type of pistol that you like to shoot (in other calibers). Try to shoot a few different ones with different ammo before buying one....most folks i know go through several before finding the one they like best.

For me, the 22/45 lite is most accurate, the s&w m&p feels the best in my hand, and the sig 1911 is the most quiet with my cans and ammo.

Sparrow, Spectre, ARC22. All great cans. Had i not already had two 22 cans i would've bought an ARC.
Host i love my Buckmark because of how easy it is clean. The mark series are nice but a major pain in the dick to clean. Ive heard a lot of good things about the Walther 22, and the M&P 22 as being host.

I keep seeing videos that test the sound of silencers. The specter keep scoring high on a lot of them. What the average sound with the ARC? (In numbers)

Back
Top Bottom