• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 suppressor

M&P is easy to clean and fun to shoot. I'm hoping that Ruger releases a threaded Mark IV soon.
Bolt guns are really quiet like the FVSR and Ruger American.
I put a poly buffer bolt stop in my 10/22 to help with the pinging it's gtg too.

I probably will if it is quiter than a specter
Is it quieter than a specter? No. Is it equally as quiet? Absolutely.

Sparrow - 112.7db
Spectre - 113.8
ARC 22 - N/A (don't think its ever had a meter on it) ((but there is a video on youtube of it by offtarget.
The ARC22AL was metered in July of this year. It metered 113db and 116db on a 10-22 and an M&P22 respectively. Ammunition used was CCI Standard velocity.

Keep in mind that the bolt slamming home on a 10-22 meters around 100dbs by itself. So you're only talking about a 15db difference between manually cycling the action of the rifle and actually firing it. For reference, a whisper meters around 20dbs.

Dobbs Defense ARC22AL. Quieter than a whisper...literally.

Is it quieter than a specter? No. Is it equally as quiet? Absolutely.

The ARC22AL was metered in July of this year. It metered 113db and 116db on a 10-22 and an M&P22 respectively. Ammunition used was CCI Standard velocity.

Keep in mind that the bolt slamming home on a 10-22 meters around 100dbs by itself. So you're only talking about a 15db difference between manually cycling the action of the rifle and actually firing it. For reference, a whisper meters around 20dbs.

Dobbs Defense ARC22AL. Quieter than a whisper...literally.
It is stupid quiet with the sub sonic ammo. A .177 pellet gun was louder to the ear !

22 cans are going to get really dirty and having the option to clean multiple ways by having all stainless steel vs aluminum is a big time saver ( i.e. Sonic cleaner, dip, etc). I'm not the smartest guy in the room I'm sure but ease of use/cleaning is a factor that shouldn't be overlooked even if it cost you a few decibels. Long run you will appreciate going stainless steel internals......that is unless you just enjoy scraping lead off your baffles.

Back
Top Bottom