• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 suppressor

I tried a Spectre ...

On a 22lr, I doubt very much you can tell a difference between any of them just by ear. The action on a 10-22 is far louder than the gunshot on all of them.

I own an AAC "Pilot," but I've shot several others and stood near DOZENS of others being used at shooting ranges all over Georgia for the last 20 years.

They all sound about the same to me.
Even cheap ones, even home builds on a Form 1.

All I can say is that I wish I had purchased one that was rated for 22 Magnum or 17 magnum rimfire, because it's a bummer that mine is rated for Long Rifle only.

@Nonliberal was just raving about this stuff the other day when i was there.

upload_2017-4-19_19-54-8.png

@Nonliberal was just raving about this stuff the other day when i was there.

View attachment 1142920

I'm probably the ONLY owner of a sig SDP .22 can and despite the ratings it's quiet to me. I've dipped it 3 times and it's still perfect and I ran .22WMR and .17 through it as well as F tons of CCI, CCI suppressor and Gemtech. I hear the bolt on my little charger there and that's about it. I was cracking a stump 50y away with it the other day it's like *click*..TWAP! You know when you hit stuff, and obviously the pistol is "shoot in your neighbors yard and get away with it" quiet so no complaints from me. Came with 2 mounts, clamshell, style K baffles. A bit pricey and fat. 1.25? Inches diameter. It is full auto rated as well. It won't fit in an SBX bbl shroud which is a big deal for a lot.
Sig recently released Gen 2 which looks like Surefires style just longer, its Ti more expensive but thinner. And rated for the same, think it's called the SDP 22X.
IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_5147.JPG

IMG_4764.JPG

IMG_4578.JPG

You might need standard velocity or subsonic ammo. Usually you can run bulk pack out of a 4.5 or less barrel but sometimes it goes supersonic. Many people will recommend CCI Standard which is decent, cheap and has good availability but I really like American Eagle Suppressor ammo as well as Gemtech suppressor ammo.
What he said about American Eagle. Best I've found in six guns and three different suppressors. Sometimes hard to find !

What he said about American Eagle. Best I've found in six guns and three different suppressors. Sometimes hard to find !

Yea its been really hard lately *Thats what she said*

The Gemtech is just as good and I see it pretty often. I think I have some video of me shooting CCI, Remington, Gemtech and American Eagle. I'll have to see how I can share it on here.

Back
Top Bottom