• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 target ammo capability

I would take a few different lots and test in your rifle. They all like some brands more than others. Try Eley , Wolf , SK , RWS , Norma , and Lapua and go with the one that has tighter groups at 200yds.

I would take a few different lots and test in your rifle. They all like some brands more than others. Try Eley , Wolf , SK , RWS , Norma , and Lapua and go with the one that has tighter groups at 200yds.
I understand what you are suggesting - that is a lot of different ammo and a lot of testing. Hoping to get more focused suggestions. For example, I assume all the Wolf is rebranded Eley, RWS, or something. I also assume that there is experience that would say (rule of thumb) Wolf X,Y,Z will not consistently hold 2 inches at 100 but try Wolf A,B,C. That would cut half the test right there.

There are a lot of experienced NRL22/PRS22 shooters here - which Eley, which Wolf, which SK, RW, Norma.

CBeck gave some specific suggestions.
  • sk (standard, rifle match, long range)
  • Eley with the EPS bullet (team, match, tenex)
  • lapua pistol king

I have good results with SK Standard +, SK Biathlon, and SK Pistol Match Special
CCI SV and Norma Tac22 are not good enough for NRL22/PRS22 and will be used for "plinking"

I understand what you are suggesting - that is a lot of different ammo and a lot of testing. Hoping to get more focused suggestions. For example, I assume all the Wolf is rebranded Eley, RWS, or something. I also assume that there is experience that would say (rule of thumb) Wolf X,Y,Z will not consistently hold 2 inches at 100 but try Wolf A,B,C. That would cut half the test right there.

There are a lot of experienced NRL22/PRS22 shooters here - which Eley, which Wolf, which SK, RW, Norma.

• lapua pistol king

I have good results with SK Standard +, SK Biathlon, and SK Pistol Match Special
CCI SV and Norma Tac22 are not good enough for NRL22/PRS22 and will be used for "plinking"
Wolf as far as I know only has Match Target and Match Extra try both Eley has Club as well that runs along side the Wolf and RWS has Rifle Match , Rifle Match special and RWS 50, Lapua center x , Midas and XAct SK pistol SK+ Rifle Match and Long Range. The only way you’re gonna know what shoots best in your rifle is try em all. You’ll know after 50rds if it’s gonna work in your rifle or not but try different lots because some are actually better than others of the same make.

I practice with the same ammo I shoot in a match. Call killough shooting sports and ask what lots are available for testing in match, tenex, Br precision and semi auto Br outlaw. Lapua center. X is good in certain lots but good luck finding it available to try. Whatever shoots the best in your rifle buy as much as you can afford! There is no fast or easy way to get through this. I’ve found if you want consistent and predictable rimfire ammo you gotta spend the time testing lots and buy all you can stand when you find the right one.

Rusty Shakleford is on target with his assessment. Real shooters spend hours practicing at the range and Rusty puts in the time. Try what he has suggested and see if it works for you. As Rusty would say, rifle, scope, ammunition and the man pulling the trigger are foremost important aspects of shooting. Give ole Rusty’s advice a shot!

• lapua pistol king

I suggest sending your rifle to Lapua… it was like $250 and they had it back in two weeks. These are 15 shot groups @ 50 yards. Then I bought 5k and never looked back. Red is Lapua… Green is SK red box.

Attachments

• CB86CC8C-3D8F-4032-8A1B-F4A3490D1485.jpeg
    CB86CC8C-3D8F-4032-8A1B-F4A3490D1485.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom