• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the term "Black Lives Matter" is used, right wingers automatically assume it's all part of the same group. That's incorrect. The actual BLM the organization is something totally different than what the Right likes to pretend it is. Just because someone uses the term doesn't mean they are BLM.

It's like seeing someone wearing a sports jersey and assuming they must play for that team.

Why are so many of you are seething about the Boy Scouts?

Boy Scouts Introduce Black Lives Matter Inspired ‘Diversity And Inclusion’ Badge Required to Become Eagle Scout

https://www.dailywire.com/news/lett...badge-will-be-required-to-become-eagle-scout/

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) announced a new badge related to "diversity & inclusion" in conjunction with the far-left, anti-cop Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement.

“The BSA stands with Black families and the Black community because we believe that Black Lives Matter,” the executive committee emphasized.

They're conducting a review of property names, events and insignia, in partnership with local councils, to build on and enhance the organization’s nearly 30-year ban on use of the Confederate flag and to ensure that symbols of oppression are not in use today or in the future.

You do know that there are cops (of all colors) that stand with the purpose of BLM, right? And that there are white people within the organization as well. It doesn't mean what you think it does. BLM is not anti-cops. They are anti-being abused and targeted.

When the term "Black Lives Matter" is used, right wingers automatically assume it's all part of the same group. That's incorrect. The actual BLM the organization is something totally different than what the Right likes to pretend it is. Just because someone uses the term doesn't mean they are BLM.

It's like seeing someone wearing a sports jersey and assuming they must play for that team.

Why are so many of you are seething about the Boy Scouts?
Try saying all lives matter to these people and you will soon find out they are one and the same.

I was there ... drank the koolaid...became a Woodbadger...yadda yadda. It "was" a good organization until I found out how liberal-minded they were and mostly motivated to do whatever it takes to put a patch over their declining membership (especially after LDS pulled out). My son lost interest and I just couldn't support the policies anymore as they struggled to reach anyone who would join.

Funny thing is - you put a group of boys together and they don't even think about color. Adding this "mandatory" merit badge is just a wagging of the tail.

And support for BLM - the movement has now turned into an organization that I cannot support, just as I don't support Planned Parenthood. Everytime you hashtag BLM credit goes to the organization, not just the "thought".

Been there, done that. Earned my Eagle while stationed overseas, where it was still a good, old-fashioned experience. Came stateside, joined up and eventually became a junior scoutmaster at 18. Then started to see the infiltration and problems. Called it quits a year after and haven't looked back. It's deteriorated far more in the 20+ years since then, too. Children aren't in it. Teaching them what they need to know.

My son went through it recently. Started in cub scouts. It was NOTHING like what we all assumed it was. He was done after one year into Boy Scouts.
I knew when I saw this, it was a sham.

art11424widea.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom