• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.223 Wolf ammo problems

I've shot all kinds of cheap stuff through my RRA without any issues...most of the time running dirty.

What kind of rifle do you have? might have something to do with the gun as stated above. Some extractors don't like to grab sttel, especially if it is laqured

They were/are using a lacquer finish on the casings to prevent rust & when the lacquer that is on those steel cases gets hot it transfers to the inside of your chamber & can buildup if you don't clean it out real well.
As has been mentioned you really have to clean your gun well after shooting these rounds through your it. Apparently some guns are more sensitive than others to the problem.

The problem is said to be when you are running your rifle hard, and stop for a moment with a live round in the hot chamber. The heat melts the lacquer, then it cools. When you fire, the round is "glued"in the chamber with the lacquer.

I have never ran anything but brassed cased ammo through my ARs. I was considering trying some wolf but I think I will pass now!

Its really not that bad of stuff. I would not trust my life on it or anything but it does shoot. I run a mix of brass and steel ammo through my AR (mostly brass) but my AK-47s have never seen one brass round at all. All I use in those is wolf.

That makes perfect sense to me. I've shot a ton of Wolf in my AR's and SKS's. Never had any issues. But I haven't mixed it up with brass either. I shoot one or the other. I just make sure to clean my rifles really well after firing Wolf. I'll still buy it and shoot it for plinking. My mags at home are loaded with my handloads for defensive purposes. I know I can trust them.

Back
Top Bottom