• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.22lr in AAC Tirant 9M

Childers

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Any body shot .22lr out of the cans? I have heard .22lr can cause a battle strike. I don't want to ruin my can. What's been y'alls experience?

I shoot .22LR out of my Griffin Optimus 9 regularly and haven't had any problems. Sounds great too.

I've shot it out of my .30 cal can but now have 2 dedicated rimfire cans.
Get the HTA rimfire thru QRF they are cheap cans but I'm going on 3 years with mine and no complaints, I did but a better one but not much difference in sound.

Dude I have a .22 Can and if I shoot 300 rounds that b**** is filthy. Even with a clamshell inner design the k baffles like to weld to it. I have centerfire cans and will never shoot rimfire through them personally.
I use the "dip" to clean my .22 baffles and have a Hazmat guy dispose of the by product legally.
Filthy filthy fun

Edit - lol but as OP asked just use reliable ammo and no strike will happen. Probably will be direct threading on can? Make sure it doesn't back off the shoulder after prolonged shooting as with any direct thread. I avoid aguilla but others love it just a personal thing.
Best sounding is Gemtech .22 and CCI Suppressor .22 in my opinion

The baffle strikes on .22 are almost always those stupid SSS sub Sonics . The larger round and smaller cases rarely stabilize . So they hit baffles : use quality ammo and you will be fine .

I use a cheap rock tumbler from harbor freight to clean my baffles . I toss in some warm water , stainless pins and a dash of dawn dish soap. After a few hours the baffles are spotless . It’s cheap and it works.

You will only get baffles sticking together if you are lazy and do not clean it after range use . When you get home from shooting just throw on the Nikes and just do it

The baffle strikes on .22 are almost always those stupid SSS sub Sonics . The larger round and smaller cases rarely stabilize . So they hit baffles : use quality ammo and you will be fine .

I use a cheap rock tumbler from harbor freight to clean my baffles . I toss in some warm water , stainless pins and a dash of dawn dish soap. After a few hours the baffles are spotless . It’s cheap and it works.

You will only get baffles sticking together if you are lazy and do not clean it after range use . When you get home from shooting just throw on the Nikes and just do it
Got any reccomendations for cleaning at the range? I won't be able to take it home from the range until spring time

Got any reccomendations for cleaning at the range? I won't be able to take it home from the range until spring time

Take some CLP and brushes and give a good scrub to keep it from fusing together, you should be good with that until you can deep clean it.

Back
Top Bottom