• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.22lr in AAC Tirant 9M

Lots of excellent suggestions here. One other precaution you can take is to try and use ammunition featuring plated projectiles. In our testing, we found they leaded the baffles less than un-plated pills.

Enjoy your Ti-Rant. Reach out if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Mike Smith/AAC

In your tests did you note any particular ammo that performed above the rest?
Lots of excellent suggestions here. One other precaution you can take is to try and use ammunition featuring plated projectiles. In our testing, we found they leaded the baffles less than un-plated pills.

Enjoy your Ti-Rant. Reach out if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Mike Smith/AAC

In your tests did you note any particular ammo that performed above the rest?
With .22lr? I use Gemtech .22 ammo the orange box, and CCI Suppressor with my can exclusively. Nothing on meter but I can tell shooting it and what little tone is there I like. Groups well too but I've only shot it for groups in pistol platform

Our favorite out of pistol length barrels is CCI Mini Mags. They stay reliably subsonic through pistol length and SBR barrels up to ~10 inches in most shooting weather temperatures. Out of a rifle length barrel, the Winchester plated 40 grain subsonic is good stuff. The CCI plated and segmented hollow point is a good (if a bit expensive) choice if you are quietly eradicating pests. There may be other plated subsonic offerings out there. These are simply the ones with which we have the most experience.

Mike Smith/AAC

Go get you a .22 can; those things are cheap compared to what you probably spent on that 9mm can. Me personally.....I would never shoot .22lr out of my 9mm can, but that's just me. Best of luck and be careful....oh, and if your range has a cleaning station, just clean it there.

image.jpg
Go get you a .22 can; those things are cheap compared to what you probably spent on that 9mm can. Me personally.....I would never shoot .22lr out of my 9mm can, but that's just me. Best of luck and be careful....oh, and if your range has a cleaning station, just clean it there.
^^^^^
This!
I have 2 rimfire cans!
Now saying that I do have a cheap .30 cal can that I use for .300blk I bought awhile back when I was new to the NFA game but don't regret it! and is pretty quiet. I also use it on my AR 22 and with the setup is looks bada$$. It's monocore and easy to clean and take apart. with a binary trigger I usually put 500-700 rounds per range trip and It would be easier to get apart and clean the .30cal can as opposed to the rimfire with that many rounds. So I use them on my pistols and bolt guns

Back
Top Bottom