• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr in stock at Wally the other day

My local Wally sporting goods department manager says the local pawn shop comes in and buys alot of their ammo (when they get some) and resales it at the pawnshop for a higher price. He says they come first thing in the morning of the day they normally restock.
I don't even think that happens here in Jasper.....the ammo never even gets out of the back of the warehouse, even if they actually do get any in. NONE.......not one bullet in the last couple years I've actually seen....and I mean even the common shotshell stuff that used to be on the shelves by the case load....the only thing I've seen in the last two years are cases of clay target shooting stuff...

They cheaper in Northeast GA at $40.18 per box before tax. I still would not buy it. I bought a box because someone in my family has a Glock 44 and it HATES the Federal Automatch 22 LR rounds. I wanted to try something different.
I work at a Walmart and buy anything that I need.. We get 10% off all ammo and guns. I hit up like 5 different Walmarts every 2 weeks when I'm in the Atlanta area because that 10% off discount is quite nice and Walmart most of the time has the cheapest ammo in town.

Attachments

• 20211112_000259.jpg
    20211112_000259.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211112-000148_Me@Walmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112-000148_Me@Walmart.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 8
those boxes were 40

I just grabbed the automatch bricks for 17.99
They use to be $17.73 then went to $18.73 then to $21.16 before tax. We're talking about the 325rd 22LR Federal Automatch boxes they have at Walmart. I use to get them when I worked there and people called me crazy for buying so much, the price increase has saved me money even with my employee discount.

My local Wally sporting goods department manager says the local pawn shop comes in and buys alot of their ammo (when they get some) and resales it at the pawnshop for a higher price. He says they come first thing in the morning of the day they normally restock.
Could be true. I work at one in NE GA and the best time to come to get ammo is either at 3pm-5pm or at 7am when they open up. All trucks at Walmarts in GA get there at the same time and the employees begin unloading the trucks at 1pm. Now if there are 2 trucks then most likely first shift will unload the first truck at noon and second shift unloads the current one or the second truck at 1pm when they come in. Best to come in and look at the ammo section in sporting goods. If there isn't anybody there then ask someone to look in the back if they have any ammo in their "cage" or on a sporting goods pallet.

Attachments

• 20211112_003247.jpg
    20211112_003247.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211112_003232.jpg
    20211112_003232.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211112_003213.jpg
    20211112_003213.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
I went in the other day with my wife killing time. The store in Americus had boxes of federal standard velocity for $3.??. I was going to buy all they would let me. I asked a young man who was working on the isle over and he went and told his manager someone wanted to get in the ammo display. The kid came back and said "sir I told my manager and she said, and he did the air quote "she is going to get the key". Then he looked at me and smiled and said that between me and him she wasn't coming and apologized. I thanked him for at least asking and waited 10 mins and left.
I was telling a friend and he said similar happened to him. Went in and they paged someone 4-5 times and no one showed.

Back
Top Bottom