• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22LR

They own Sears and Western Auto just to name a few.

There's a name from the past. sort of the "if they don't have it you probably don't need it" store. loved going there with my father when I was a kid. one of the few places a kid could actually touch a real gun or box of ammo.

Sears in Macon at Christmas was magic in so far as being able to handle rifles and shotguns from a rack on the sales floor. Circa 1977.

I've got a box of 22lr around here somewhere with a K-Mart "Key" price tag of 58 cents on it. Dad had to sign for it in a log book when we bought it since it would fit in a handgun.

My Uncle owned a Western Auto in Decatur and one in Chattanooga back in the 60’s and 70’s. I used to fondle the .22 rifles every time we went back in the Free Love days. Used to love those stores. Everything from tires to refrigerators. Damn, I miss him and his stores.

I still have a couple of those plastic 100rd boxes marked at 99 cents. I can’t even remember when I bought em’. lol!

Eta: Had to have been late 70’s or early 80’s.

There's a name from the past. sort of the "if they don't have it you probably don't need it" store. loved going there with my father when I was a kid. one of the few places a kid could actually touch a real gun or box of ammo.
If you were to find a Western Auto (or Sears) nowadays, it'd be just like a Kmart. That's why they all went, effectively, under. Somewhere between Walmart and Dolla Gen'l.

Back
Top Bottom