• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$249 590 shockwave

try it sometime..
it is against the law for a cop to enforce what he thinks is the law. he can only enforce laws.
also,if he cant tell a nine from a foety,what does he know about a shotgun length?
Exactly. Either they know enough about guns that they know there is a minimum length or they know nothing about them.

Either way, I have zero problems having a completely legal firearm on my possession that I legally bought at a store in Ga.

Sorry you're scared of the cops Zeake, you probably shouldn't carry outside your home.

Put a brace on it and have fun. That's a 590 for $250. Dang good deal.
+1

I never cared much for the Shockwave with the OEM birdshead grip, but putting a brace on it changes everything IMHO. Basically turns it into a SBS without having to pay for the stamp. I love mine.

Shockwave-SBA3.jpg

+1

I never cared much for the Shockwave with the OEM birdshead grip, but putting a brace on it changes everything IMHO. Basically turns it into a SBS without having to pay for the stamp. I love mine.

View attachment 2184936
By replacing the birds head grip with a pistol grip make it an nfa item? I thought the only reason it was OK was due to the birds head changing the OAL.

By replacing the birds head grip with a pistol grip make it an nfa item? I thought the only reason it was OK was due to the birds head changing the OAL.
They sell these all the time with a pistol grip, ive bought mossy 500 and 88 with pistol grips . I dont see them being a problem with it.

Edit: looking at it a little further , you may be right. Shows OAL 26.37” with raptor grip. A pistol grip may shorten it just enough to be under 26” ...maybe

They sell these all the time with a pistol grip, ive bought mossy 500 and 88 with pistol grips . I dont see them being a problem with it.

Edit: looking at it a little further , you may be right. Shows OAL 26.37” with raptor grip. A pistol grip may shorten it just enough to be under 26” ...maybe
Yeah, I remember reading about it. The other ones you have seen have 16" barrels, not the 12" or 14" like the Shockwave.

I think you can out a regular stock on it and pay a $5 AOW stamp but not sure.

Yeah, I remember reading about it. The other ones you have seen have 16" barrels, not the 12" or 14" like the Shockwave.

I think you can out a regular stock on it and pay a $5 AOW stamp but not sure.
I was looking at the ad the OP had up and found the Remmy version for $10 less , same ad pages. Lol.
Im not sure which is better, both should be viable for scum gunz :)
Here it is:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/remington-870-express-12-guage-14-inch-barrel-raptor-pistol-grip/

If you just replaced it with a regular pistol grip, then yeah it would become an NFA item because OAL would be less than 26". But not with the brace. The Shockwave was never classified as a shotgun or a pistol.. just a "firearm", so as long as the OAL remains > 26" (and it does) you can substitute a brace in place of the OEM birds head grip. Remington even sells a factory braced version of theirs.
https://www.remington.com/other-products/model-870-tac-14-arm-brace

So you could put a regular stock on it too then, or would that imply it's a shotgun?

Where did you get the brace adapter? I have a spare SB brace and pistol grop lying around.

So you could put a regular stock on it too then, or would that imply it's a shotgun?

Where did you get the brace adapter? I have a spare SB brace and pistol grop lying around.
No, if you put a regular stock on it it'll become a SBS and require a stamp.

The adapter I have is from TacStar:
https://www.opticsplanet.com/tacstar-shotgun-ar-stock-adaptor-mossberg-1081230.html

Ergo and Mesa Tactical also make them but the angle of the buffer tube is different on those. On the Mesa its basically straight, in line with the barrel. The Ergo is tilted further down. The tilt angle of the TacStar is right in between those two.

Back
Top Bottom