• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$249 590 shockwave

I was thinking about getting one. Wouldnt pay more than 150 for it though. But youre prob right at 100 maybe too much.

Everyone who had one saids its a waste of ammo
Consider that you can't buy any Mossberg or even Maverick new for $150.00. This is a good price for a Shuockwave. Around a year ago they were 4 bills anywhere you looked. Admittedly these are niche guns that not everybody wants. And some that bought them discovered they didn't want them after the fact. But either way this is probably as low as they will get.

Not a good idea for a truck gun. Being an "Other" weapon leaving the house with one or range is not a good idea. One officer that doesn't know the law could charge you with a short-barreled shotgun. You also can NOT carry it like it is a handgun.
I had the same opinion back around 14 when these were still new on the scene. But now that you see them at Academy Sports and they're more common it seems like less potential for ignorant officer problems.

please....
sounds like you dont know the law.. if something is legal and the cop thinks its illegal. he breaks the law by arresting you for it..
trust me on this,most beat cops dont know all the rules. you call their boss,he will know them before he shows.
you may sit on the side of the road for a bit,maybe even in the back of a car. but that sure beats going to jail. either way,if you are right,you are right..
Evidently you have never had to deal with cops in Macon. I get the " legal is legal " point but the state of GA and it's employees do ILLEGAL **** every si gel day. And since the law is on their side the heavy burden is on YOU . I know it's not supposed to be that way but it is. And what leads you to believe that a typical Sergeant on duty is gonna be any more up to speed on gun laws than the responding officer? That's purely luck of the draw. My point here and I'm guessing @Zeake feels the same is that you can be RIGHT all you want to and still be arrested, car impounded have to make bond etc. And when all the smoke clears you'll still be RIGHT but run through the legal and financial wringer.

Evidently you have never had to deal with cops in Macon. I get the " legal is legal " point but the state of GA and it's employees do ILLEGAL **** every si gel day. And since the law is on their side the heavy burden is on YOU . I know it's not supposed to be that way but it is. And what leads you to believe that a typical Sergeant on duty is gonna be any more up to speed on gun laws than the responding officer? That's purely luck of the draw. My point here and I'm guessing @Zeake feels the same is that you can be RIGHT all you want to and still be arrested, car impounded have to make bond etc. And when all the smoke clears you'll still be RIGHT but run through the legal and financial wringer.
still
the same cop has no idea that this is legal,why would he think it illegal?
plus they come with a letter,a copy of mine is in the magpul pistol grip on it.
i removed the birds head and added a brace...
i am not worried about it being my truck gun. its in a lock,and nobody is searching my truck without a warrant.....

still
the same cop has no idea that this is legal,why would he think it illegal?
plus they come with a letter,a copy of mine is in the magpul pistol grip on it.
i removed the birds head and added a brace...
i am not worried about it being my truck gun. its in a lock,and nobody is searching my truck without a warrant.....
It's not as likely to happen now that they're more commonly stocked and sold at places like Academy. But I would certainly keep a copy of the ATF letter very close to it just as you mentioned. I agree that you shouldn't have to submit to some random roadside search of your vehicle. Even though most of us have nothing to hide it's a personal privacy issue. However... just in case you didn't already know...it would go something like this.
Cop wants your consent to search vehicle. You refuse. Okay fine cop puts YOU in the back of his patrol car while he calls his superiors. Then the tow truck shows up and tows your vehicle to the impound where it gets searched and inventoried anyway. Meanwhile officer Dickhead is coming up with citation offenses he can write up. And when it's all said and done you get to either waste a day(s) in traffic/state court beating the tickets or paying them. Plus you're out whatever the towing and storage fees are. Oh and you were in the RIGHT the entire time. But does that make it any better?

Back
Top Bottom