• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

25 Round AR mags?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
202   0
Reaction score
So does anyone make 2t rounders for 5.56? I was just googling around and didn't find much for search results. It seems like it would make a good in between capacity comprimise kinda deal. I dig my surplus 20 round mags and I really dig my Korean and PMag 20 rounders for my AK. Just thinking that 25 rounds would be the sweet spot for capacity and easier storage in the gun.

So does anyone make 2t rounders for 5.56? I was just googling around and didn't find much for search results. It seems like it would make a good in between capacity comprimise kinda deal. I dig my surplus 20 round mags and I really dig my Korean and PMag 20 rounders for my AK. Just thinking that 25 rounds would be the sweet spot for capacity and easier storage in the gun.
I think Brownells made 25 rounders from their Retro line. I don't know if they've discontinued them though

Depending on whose history you read or watch, 25 is about where the mag needs to curve to be reliable with 5.56. So probably not worth the extra manufacturing process, just go with 30 since it will be about the same width with the curve.

Back
Top Bottom