• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.25rd .223 brass shipped

dakatl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
took a chance on some American Marksman .223 ammo.

http://www.theamericanmarksman.com/223-Rem-Ammo_c_222.html

500 rds shipped was $127 to me. YMMV

fast shipping.
ordered late night friday Dec 1.
order shipped tues Dec 5.
order received thurs dec 7 from nervous temporary UPS-yellow vest wearing guy in a Uhaul truck. awesome !

range report to follow.

americanmark223.jpg

New manufactured Lake City .223 Remington ammunition with a FMJ 55 Grain Bullet, Lead Core, and Brass Case. Manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant and meets SAAMI specifications.

Great price!

1000.00 rd would have been $243 shipped. Not bad at all, no rebate to deal with. Now we just gotta know if its junk or not. Hope it's good to go!

I really don't see the issues with the rebates. Pretty damn simple to fill out and mail in. Now, if you're strapped for cash and need that extra savings in your pocket immediately then
go with something like this. But IMO if you're that strapped for cash then you shouldn't be buying these or anything else for that matter.
Again my opinion. Just some act like the rebates are like pulling teeth to mail in.
Carry on

It looks liked it's pulled and re-manufactured.
Anyone had any experience with this ammo?

It says it's new ammo and it shows a complete bullet. Now they do sale pulled bullets and brass but this seems to be completed ammo.
And I'd rather have Lake City ammo over American Eagle any day. It's good stuff. Lake City has been making ammo for the military for a long time, at least back to WWII.
And I've had good luck with past rebates with S&W. it took a few months but it came, but others were not so lucky.
Heres what the ad says-
New manufactured Lake City .223 Remington ammunition with a FMJ 55 Grain Bullet, Lead Core, and Brass Case. Manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant and meets SAAMI specifications. Ammunition is bulk packed. As a result, some may be tarnished and contain minor cosmetic blemishes that will not affect accuracy and function.

I just got off the phone with them. The Lake City is new, seconds. They do have a re-manufactured 223. They have a contract with LC to take their seconds and have been doing it for awhile. Shipping to GA for 1000 rounds of 223 should be around $25

ok, I was about to call them because.... I just took a handful out and noticed the headstamp .... see pics. Hmmmmm. these appear to be Federal casings not LC.
call me crazy, but shouldnt a product sold as Lake City be stamped LC ? bait and switch ?

1208171501_HDR.jpg

1208171459a_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom