• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

271 acres, $100k Darien, Ga. (McIntosh county)

Y'all just let me know where I can crash? Oh and there's a new sports bar opening in the old Ruby Tuesday building at the nearly empty Darien Outlet. But if you want the real Darien Experience you gotta go to The Cypress Lounge on 17. Coolest place in McIntosh Co.
Cypress Lounge? Wasn't there one of those in Marietta...... ??

Y'all just let me know where I can crash? Oh and there's a new sports bar opening in the old Ruby Tuesday building at the nearly empty Darien Outlet. But if you want the real Darien Experience you gotta go to The Cypress Lounge on 17. Coolest place in McIntosh Co.

It is nice to have you chime in, being familiar with the area. What are property taxes like down there? Of course this will not be a residence, and can be placed in land conservation, saving 50% or more on taxes.

Man, i went to that dive in the 80’s !! I remember when that place opened.
I think that is the same one.....the only strip club there for a while.?? The first one ? I have not been down there in at least 10yrs.
First time we stopped and stayed in Darien was around 06. The outlet still had probably half the shops open. By 15 when we moved there everything was gone but the Lauren Outlet and Rack Room Shoes. If the welcome center and YMCA weren't there it would be deserted. I've posted pics here before where I was over there everyday on the way home from the port feeding 20 or 30 wild cats. The county picked them all up and fixed them but then took them back over there. I'd never heard of such a policy before. They came running up to the Soul every time but wouldn't let me get close to them. But it's a one way street with cats, right?
The strip bar was always a mystery to me since it seemed really out of place in that area. I guess they depended on I95 bidness. It was closed many years before we got there. About 2 years ago the city or county got the property and demolished the building. It was supposed to be the site of the new Darien Welcome Center . But nothing there yet. It's a shame that a town with that kinda potential is that stagnant .

First time we stopped and stayed in Darien was around 06. The outlet still had probably half the shops open. By 15 when we moved there everything was gone but the Lauren Outlet and Rack Room Shoes. If the welcome center and YMCA weren't there it would be deserted. I've posted pics here before where I was over there everyday on the way home from the port feeding 20 or 30 wild cats. The county picked them all up and fixed them but then took them back over there. I'd never heard of such a policy before. They came running up to the Soul every time but wouldn't let me get close to them. But it's a one way street with cats, right?
The strip bar was always a mystery to me since it seemed really out of place in that area. I guess they depended on I95 bidness. It was closed many years before we got there. About 2 years ago the city or county got the property and demolished the building. It was supposed to be the site of the new Darien Welcome Center . But nothing there yet. It's a shame that a town with that kinda potential is that stagnant .
We used to go through when we went from Savannah to Jacksonville about once a month....for a while they didnt even have a sign on the exits for Darien. Lol

It is nice to have you chime in, being familiar with the area. What are property taxes like down there? Of course this will not be a residence, and can be placed in land conservation, saving 50% or more on taxes.
I don't know exact details on property tax rates for Darien/McIntosh. Maybe if I holler at @fuelman1 he can help with that info. Since we moved back up here he might be the ONLY member in McIntosh.

Hey since I'm on the subject and y'all seem to want a coastal GA hideout/compound Google around for the now closed Tall Pines Campground on the same exit 49 off I95. Not nearly as much acreage but it already has power boxes and some kinda septic system in the ground. It's behind the Dairy Queen on 251 right at the interstate.

Back
Top Bottom