• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2A holsters-Field tested and approved.

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
I carry a sidearm (holstered on my hip) on every hunt but it’s not easy to access without making a lot of movement. I’ve tolerated it interfering with my Hunters Safety System harness and my pack frame. I’ve been tossing the idea of a chest holster around for quite some time and have decided to give it a try. I’ve been carrying my 1911 with me but only for protection from 2 legged varmints. I have a G20 that will serve dual purposes from here on out. If the opportunity arises and a deer wanders by too close I will try to make it happen with the Glock. It’s definitely bigger than my 1911, so hip carry will be even more of a burden now. Not to mention that I hog hunt a lot and when I do, I wear a smaller pack frame to carry my game out of the woods. The pack and gun are always in a bind with one-another. A chest holster should make the pack ride a lot better and allow faster access to my sidearm without a lot of excessive movement.
I’ve looked at the Diamond D Guides Choice and they are really, really nice, but I’m afraid that sweating and wet weather will ruin it. Kenai makes a nice setup with great reviews but the price point seemed too high.
I found a Ga based company called 2A that makes custom kydex rigs and the price was a lot less than the others I looked at. The owner was very quick to reply and most helpful with sizing and answering all of my questions. I’ve placed an order and paid for it already. I got a prompt reply, received my receipt/work order/and projected turnaround time.
It will arrive in time for me to use on a pig hunt that I have planned later this month. I’ll give it a thorough torture test and will be sure to let you all know how it went.
If anybody has any particular experience with this company please feel free to let me know how your experience with this particular product went.

In for the review on how snug it will be and it's adjustability.

For the most part I use a leather canted side holster. Combat master style.

For better concealment I use a Gazelle leather shoulder holster.

I've not found a chest rig that is comfortable carrying a G23 ,but I'm still searching :)

In for the review on how snug it will be and it's adjustability.

For the most part I use a leather canted side holster. Combat master style.

For better concealment I use a Gazelle leather shoulder holster.

I've not found a chest rig that is comfortable carrying a G23 ,but I'm still searching :)
There was an option to have mine set up for a single carry position: muzzle up, down or to the side or I could make it a convertible that allows all three options. I chose the convertible. Designating a single carry position gives the holster a smaller footprint, but I wanted to try the muzzle down and to the side options first. I can always order another piece of kydex committed to one carry position.

Is this the one ?
Chest-Holster-Muzzle-Down.jpg

Back
Top Bottom