• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2K CASH Looking to purchase a decent running vehicle, a gas saver preferably. I have 2K cash

That's a tight budget in the used market today. However if you dig around a little for the lesser knowns or best kept secrets you may find a gem.
Examples:
Pontiac Vibe, 4 door hatch geared toward young drivers years ago that was really a Toyota Matrix in a Pontiac disguise.
Geo Prizm and later on Chevy Prizm. Basically a Corolla for less up front cost.
Scion: Pretty much any of these will work and since the entire line dissolved around 2012 they're usually a bargain. My only experience was with the Xa 4 door hatch . Kinda smallish on the inside but if it's just one or two people it works fine. Insanely good MPG plus you can park it or turn it around damn near anywhere.
All these models listed are kinda like going with a Straight Talk phone. You get Verizon coverage without the Verizon expense and **** customer service.

Going to be super hard right now. 5-10k is the new clunker. I really hope prices and get corrected, however YAA saying new cars might go up 10-20 percent. That would be bad for the people looking at used and drive demand further.
I bought a pretty ****ing clean 2014 mazda 3 6 speed right at the start of the scamdemic...it is worth 3k more than i paid for it today. never thought I would see that happen.

Going to be super hard right now. 5-10k is the new clunker. I really hope prices and get corrected, however YAA saying new cars might go up 10-20 percent. That would be bad for the people looking at used and drive demand further.
My mom wants a newer Camry as in 16 to 19 because they really uglied up the new ones trying to turn a grandma car into a sports car. I'm not finding anything under $25K and those are miled up pretty bad. From there it shoots straight to $35K. ****, that's what a new 4 cyl LE costs.

That's a tight budget in the used market today. However if you dig around a little for the lesser knowns or best kept secrets you may find a gem.
Examples:
Pontiac Vibe, 4 door hatch geared toward young drivers years ago that was really a Toyota Matrix in a Pontiac disguise.
Geo Prizm and later on Chevy Prizm. Basically a Corolla for less up front cost.
Scion: Pretty much any of these will work and since the entire line dissolved around 2012 they're usually a bargain. My only experience was with the Xa 4 door hatch . Kinda smallish on the inside but if it's just one or two people it works fine. Insanely good MPG plus you can park it or turn it around damn near anywhere.
All these models listed are kinda like going with a Straight Talk phone. You get Verizon coverage without the Verizon expense and **** customer service.

I loved my vibe. Over 30 MPG and had plenty of room in the back for my ****. I would own another one in a heart beat.

I loved my vibe. Over 30 MPG and had plenty of room in the back for my ****. I would own another one in a heart beat.
When I was at the junkyard we got a no title one from a towing company and I sat in it . I immediately noticed the 110 volt outlet in the dash. They really nailed the dash layout in those cars.

When I was at the junkyard we got a no title one from a towing company and I sat in it . I immediately noticed the 110 volt outlet in the dash. They really nailed the dash layout in those cars.

I may or may not have used that to run a blender on a trip to PCB. I did a year's worth of living that week.

Back
Top Bottom