• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2nd opinion...

GlockGirl

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
1   0
Reaction score
I've got someone looking at buying this used bow from a friend for about $100...he's never bow hunted before so this might be a good starter bow? Tell me what ya think...yay or nay?

Attachments

• IMG_9653.JPG
    IMG_9653.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 75
I just sold my brother's PSE Baby G with pin sights, 8-10 arrows (3 with broadheads), 2 releases, and a case for $150. He just wanted to get rid of his setup, so I think guy at work got a good deal. I use a X-Bow, so I have no idea what is a good deal except bows seem to be more than gun now.

I've got someone looking at buying this used bow from a friend for about $100...he's never bow hunted before so this might be a good starter bow? Tell me what ya think...yay or nay?

Bows dont hold value very well. While that bow would possibly work, for a first timer , I'd look for something a bit newer with more let off. Shouldnt be hard to find something a few years newer for not too much more money.

Bows dont hold value very well. While that bow would possibly work, for a first timer , I'd look for something a bit newer with more let off. Shouldnt be hard to find something a few years newer for not too much more money.
Agreed^^^^.
Also, a newer bow with a 7" brace height will be much more forgiving to the flaws and mistakes in form and consistency that are common in a beginning archer.

If the case comes with the bow I would buy it, turn around and sell the bow, ask $100 for it and take the first $75 offered, and buy a newer bow to put in the case.

Back
Top Bottom