• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3" and 3.5" 1911 chat

Over the years, in the smaller 1911's, I've owned and carried a Detonics CombatMaster (wish I still had that!), Colt Officer's model, a few different Springfield Armory Compacts, and a Para Ordnance P10. I liked all of them.

I've owned steel and aluminum framed compact 1911's. I'd recommend that if you get an aluminum frame, make sure it has a one-piece feed ramp, or a steel insert in the frame for the ramp. Unless you don't intend on firing it much, then it probably won't matter.

Nowadays, the smallest 1911 I carry is an STI Ranger II that was fully worked over by John Harrison. Full-size frame, 4" slide/barrel, all steel.

I disagree as I used to own one in 45

http://ezine.m1911.org/WCSentinelC.htm

I see they did carry it but to direct the information to the OP's question. Here's more info on it.

Wilson Combat Rep has posted that the .45 Sentinel was discontinued because they were getting too many returns for function problems that could not be replicated @ Wilson. If the little pistol was fed proper ammo and gripped firmly, it would run. If not, then sometimes not.

Tells me your butthurt that your wrong.

I admit I was wrong that they never made one. I am no expert by any means.

They do not make one now in .45 and the reasons were issues with reliability and the 9mm was a more popular round for that size weapon.

So as of today none of the companies I named carry that size in .45.

My butthurt is minimal. :)

I admit I was wrong that they never made one. I am no expert by any means.

They do not make one now in .45 and the reasons were issues with reliability and the 9mm was a more popular round for that size weapon.

So as of today none of the companies I named carry that size in .45.

My butthurt is minimal. :)

I didnt realize it was no longer a non standard inventory pistol. It can be special ordered. I always understood it wasnt super popular and only really made when ordered anyway. I just cant see carrying a heavy limited shot 9mm myself. Too many other choices.

My understanding was Wilson made it in response to Brown saying it couldnt be done.

So we were both right. My apologies for inferring butthurt. May you have a happy and prosperous new year free of gluteus maximus irritation sir!

Back
Top Bottom