• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3" and 3.5" 1911 chat

Kimber Ultra Aegis in 9mm and a Kimber CDP in 45acp. My baby pistol in 9mm is the Sig P938. All 3 are great weapons.

I love the BHP, but the trigger reset isn't nearly what the 1911 is.

I had a BDM for years; the 2-tone Practical model and ended up with 6 mags. Sold it to a buddy. If I could find one of the rare decock-only models, I'd keep it.

I've been toting a 3.5 the past week or so. Carries so nice.

1483154377583-444244937.jpg

Just curious, and not a condemnation, but why not deactivate the grip safety?

Years ago in a training class I learned that the grip safety is damn easy to not depress weak hand from behind cover, or even sometimes strong hang when drawing quickly.

I won't carry a 1911 without dogging the grip safety.

Years ago in a training class I learned that the grip safety is damn easy to not depress weak hand from behind cover, or even sometimes strong hang when drawing quickly.

I won't carry a 1911 without dogging the grip safety.

That wasn't what I asked, I think you read my question wrong. What I'm asking is why don't you deactivate the grip safety altogether?

I've done it for several folks, mostly competitive shooters mostly, and it only take a few seconds with a file to the leg on the grip safety.

That wasn't what I asked, I think you read my question wrong. What I'm asking is why don't you deactivate the grip safety altogether?

I've done it for several folks, mostly competitive shooters mostly, and it only take a few seconds with a file to the leg on the grip safety.

Ah, I did read it wrong. Hair ties are free and take 2 seconds to install and even less time to remove.

Back
Top Bottom