• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3 day wait time for purchases at FFL?

gunner1982

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
50   0
Reaction score
I will admit I’m not really following the constitutional carry that passed here in GA.
(Not a GA resident, already have a state concealed carry and a LEOSA permit - so it doesn’t apply to me)

But with its passing did they add a waiting period to buy guns from an FFL?
Which DOES apply to me!

I just read an article about it and it mentioned that the 3 day background check was the trade off?
Seems like they slipped in a “cool down period” other states have, if its true.

Anyone else hear this or was the article incorrect?

Attachments

• D30BCDFE-3636-4CF7-9CB8-FCFF9211BD3E.jpeg
    D30BCDFE-3636-4CF7-9CB8-FCFF9211BD3E.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 40
I just spoke to the guy who wrote LEOSA , he just got another contract for his work. Let me ask you a question with the LEOSA License can you carry in New York City?
Yes, you’re allowed to carry anywhere, regardless of gun control laws, except certain government buildings and private property that excludes weapons.

I just spoke to the guy who wrote LEOSA , he just got another contract for his work. Let me ask you a question with the LEOSA License can you carry in New York City?
I have never dealt with NYC but with LEOSA you can carry in all 50 states and territories.

But there is also specific details about where you CANT carry, Off limits areas, etc.
(These details are important)

For example-
You can carry in a certain state but not in a certain park, if that makes sense.

He needs to be careful what job he takes and research it thoroughly.
Sorry I can’t be more help but I am no expert and I hate to give out bad info.

Back
Top Bottom