• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3 gun advice

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
I am interested in getting into 3 gun shooting I feel I have decent guns to get me started with some fun I just need the belt rig and someone to point me in the direction to sign up

To sign up go to Practiscore, https://practiscore.com/, they have an interactive map that shows clubs that have matches in your area, you also sign-up through the site.

As for a belt rig, Bladetech, Double Alpha, Comptac, or any of the companies that cater to IDPA, USPSA will have what you need.

Have you started yet? My first 3 gun is tomorrow. I got tired of waiting for my Safariland belt to NEVER show up so i went to Reds Tailor near the old SPSU campus and got something for tomorrow.

Lots of good Youtube videos. This guy Mack (?) Has a 10 part series thats pretty good.

Atlanta 3 Gun.

Have you started yet? My first 3 gun is tomorrow. I got tired of waiting for my Safariland belt to NEVER show up so i went to Reds Tailor near the old SPSU campus and got something for tomorrow.

Lots of good Youtube videos. This guy Mack (?) Has a 10 part series thats pretty good.

Atlanta 3 Gun.
You going to the Atlanta 3 gun monthly match? I was going to come just watch but being mother’s day I’m busy. I went with the els belt and I ordered the gear to go on it I think I will compete in the June competition. I sent off my Benelli to Taran Tactical so I hope it’s back by then but if not I have a 930 I can use. Good luck to you today let me know how it goes

You would want to go to the Atlanta Practical Shooters or Atlanta Three Gun practice score page. The registration often doesn't open until a week or two prior to the match.

A couple things, if 3 Gun is what you want to do, you may want to put together a cart. I shoot 2 Gun and can get by without one, but for 3 Gun it's kind of a necessity. Moving from stage to stage without a cart gets really old really fast. YouTube search 3 Gun Cart for some fun ideas

If June is your target, you would be jumping in right as it's heating up. Dealing well with the elements is part of this game. I did the pre-mothers day shoot down there yesterday and I was drenched in sweat by 10:30.

You need good shoes, shorts, and light colored thin shirt with collar to protect your neck from sling burn. Get good ballistic sunglasses that work well with your hat and ear-pro. Comfort is vital!

In my bag I keep paper towels, cloth towels, rain poncho, chap-stick, SUNBLOCK, jerky, bandaids, and WATER and all needed ammo. Try to get a good idea of needed round count before the match, lugging more than you need sucks and running out is awful. Take more than suggested and leave it in the truck.

The June 2 Gun is on the ninth. It's largely all the same people and stages. It would be very helpful for you to run that first. Shoot me a message if you want to do that and we can Squad up and run it together.

Best of luck.

You would want to go to the Atlanta Practical Shooters or Atlanta Three Gun practice score page. The registration often doesn't open until a week or two prior to the match.

A couple things, if 3 Gun is what you want to do, you may want to put together a cart. I shoot 2 Gun and can get by without one, but for 3 Gun it's kind of a necessity. Moving from stage to stage without a cart gets really old really fast. YouTube search 3 Gun Cart for some fun ideas

If June is your target, you would be jumping in right as it's heating up. Dealing well with the elements is part of this game. I did the pre-mothers day shoot down there yesterday and I was drenched in sweat by 10:30.

You need good shoes, shorts, and light colored thin shirt with collar to protect your neck from sling burn. Get good ballistic sunglasses that work well with your hat and ear-pro. Comfort is vital!

In my bag I keep paper towels, cloth towels, rain poncho, chap-stick, SUNBLOCK, jerky, bandaids, and WATER and all needed ammo. Try to get a good idea of needed round count before the match, lugging more than you need sucks and running out is awful. Take more than suggested and leave it in the truck.

The June 2 Gun is on the ninth. It's largely all the same people and stages. It would be very helpful for you to run that first. Shoot me a message if you want to do that and we can Squad up and run it together.

Best of luck.
What two guns are used in two gun?

Back
Top Bottom