• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3 gun advice

Carbine and pistol. I don't do 3 Gun because I feel the game is dominated by the shotgun which plays no part in my training schedule.
That is exactly why i am doing it....to get more practical experience with a shotgun.

Yes, i went. My first.time shooting but I did observe last month. Dont waste time observing...start participating ASAP. I am out of shape and i have a bad knee that started acting up by the end of the second stage. My vepr wasnt broken in so it was a jamb o mystic (which everyone knows is worse than jamb-o-matic). I did not get a chance to swap my big optic off my AR prior to today. I kept the red dot i play battleship on my glock....those were bad choices...real bad .i ended up getting my M3K after timing out of two stages. the jambing wasnt to blame after that but it didnt help.....yep,i still sucked. But ii will get better and in my best Arnold voice..."Ill be back".. Next month i wont have that big optic on my AR and will not be using a red dot on the pistol.

I was by far the worst in my group (#4). A buddy was sharing my shotgun but kept using the vepr. There was another newbie there but he did great. Everyone is so helpful, from looking at the shooting sequence of the stages to weapon upgrades to a "atta boy" after timing out or when my knee started acting up. Seriously, there is genuine interest in helping you feel welcomed and to help you improve.

Yes, find a baby stroller for $20 and get some atv gun mounts or make your own. Take water and healthy snacks.

I Sincerly want to say Thank you all if you read this. All the help meant a lot!

Joe

That is exactly why i am doing it....to get more practical experience with a shotgun.

Yes, i went. My first.time shooting but I did observe last month. Dont waste time observing...start participating ASAP. I am out of shape and i have a bad knee that started acting up by the end of the second stage. My vepr wasnt broken in so it was a jamb o mystic (which everyone knows is worse than jamb-o-matic). I did not get a chance to swap my big optic off my AR prior to today. I kept the red dot i play battleship on my glock....those were bad choices...real bad .i ended up getting my M3K after timing out of two stages. the jambing wasnt to blame after that but it didnt help.....yep,i still sucked. But ii will get better and in my best Arnold voice..."Ill be back".. Next month i wont have that big optic on my AR and will not be using a red dot on the pistol.

I was by far the worst in my group (#4). A buddy was sharing my shotgun but kept using the vepr. There was another newbie there but he did great. Everyone is so helpful, from looking at the shooting sequence of the stages to weapon upgrades to a "atta boy" after timing out or when my knee started acting up. Seriously, there is genuine interest in helping you feel welcomed and to help you improve.

Yes, find a baby stroller for $20 and get some atv gun mounts or make your own. Take water and healthy snacks.

I Sincerly want to say Thank you all if you read this. All the help meant a lot!

Joe

Why was the pistol red dot a problem? That's kind of surprising.

Why was the pistol red dot a problem? That's kind of surprising.

Just wasnt for me. I used it to play battleship where target acquision speed isnt am issue....it is here. I have the plate which replaces the rear sight that the dot attches too versus a MOS type. I feel like im pointing in the dirt when shooting it. Its not second nature. I will do better without it......cant do too much worse..lol

Just wasnt for me. I used it to play battleship where target acquision speed isnt am issue....it is here. I have the plate which replaces the rear sight that the dot attches too versus a MOS type. I feel like im pointing in the dirt when shooting it. Its not second nature. I will do better without it......cant do too much worse..lol

I still use irons on my pistol but my buddies all RMR their race guns. I've been really considering it.

When I try their guns, I feel exactly like what you describe. Still, they insist if I keep working on it, it will fall into place. I'm still not sold.

Joe
Dude we need to meet up next month I too am out of shape and with bad knees due to a bike wreck so I’m just looking to complete the stages to the best of my ability lol. Mostly in it for fun but who knows after a few years I may be somewhere in the decent range lol

I've been running the double alpha belt with blade tech drop leg holster and mag pouches for a little over a year. It has worked well however the Velcro on the outer belt is starting to wear out. The Safari Land belt seems to be at much more permanent option. But you're definitely going to lay down some cash just to get into the sport going with their belt and mag pouch system. I was there for the Atlanta 3 gun on Mother's Day. Here's a video of my run. Watch "May 2018 south river 3gun" on YouTube

Ok so here is the link. Sorry I'm ok with guns but terrible with technology. I don't really agree that the Atlanta 3-gun match is dominated with shotgun. Eric who is the match designer does a great job of varying targets and course design. It really seems to be Shooter's Choice. I personally decided not to engage targets with pistol on this particular match. However in 3 gun I'm doing my best to go for the win. So however I can complete a stage the fastest is going to dictate my gun choices. I also shoot USPSA at Riverbend each months to keep sharpening my pistol. Hopefully one day my pistol will be on par with rifle and shotgun. This would open up even more choices on how to blast through a 3-gun match for a w.

Ok so here is the link. Sorry I'm ok with guns but terrible with technology. I don't really agree that the Atlanta 3-gun match is dominated with shotgun. Eric who is the match designer does a great job of varying targets and course design. It really seems to be Shooter's Choice. I personally decided not to engage targets with pistol on this particular match. However in 3 gun I'm doing my best to go for the win. So however I can complete a stage the fastest is going to dictate my gun choices. I also shoot USPSA at Riverbend each months to keep sharpening my pistol. Hopefully one day my pistol will be on par with rifle and shotgun. This would open up even more choices on how to blast through a 3-gun match for a w.
Nice video I can’t wait to do it what shotgun are you using?

Back
Top Bottom